Best Amalfi Coast town to visit

logansnonna

We will be in Naples for one day of our cruise. We have already been to Pompeii, Capri and the Blue Grotto. We do want to do the Almafi coast road with stops in Ravello and Postiano however everything we see online is 450 Euro’s and up. Does anyone know of a cheaper way to do this drive? TIA

We're about 40 days away from cruising and our Roll Call is is very inactive. Last summer we used Romeinlimo for the all-day marathon tours from Naples, Civitavecchia and Livorno. This summer, without an active roll call, we've decided to go with a combination of DIY in some ports (Venice, Split and Dubrovnik) and two 1/2 day ship's tours (lake tour out of Civit. and Amalfi by motorlaunch from Salerno). Its not ideal, especially after having had the Romeinlimo experience, but we don't want to rent a car and 450Euro for the two of us is out of our budget. Would love to get to Ravello, but since we're there on a Sunday, I'm not sure if we'll be missing that much.

I'm really surprised that in Italy some, or at least one, of the tour companies doesn't try to fill up a van with singles or couples for a basic Amalfi coast tour for example. On our Baltic cruise we used a company in St. Petersburg that offered this option, at a very reasonable cost, and it worked out well for everyone. Looks like it won't happen this year, but maybe in the future.

Well, if I can't get my tour filled, does anyone know if there is a rental car location close to the Naples Harbor. I've driven extensively in Itally before so I wouldn't be adverse to renting a car for the day. I checked online but could not find a rental car co. at the harbor.

There isn't one right at the harbor, but there is a Maggiore office a few blocks away just off of Piazza Municipio and a Euopcar on Via Santa Lucia.

Thanks forthe info. This may be the way I have to go.

Archived