irons in the room?

pugman1212

yet another question from the newbie...lol, well our ship is gonna sail soon and my wife is worried about bringing an iron onboard. Do they supply irons or not? can you bring an iron? were a family of neatly pressed clothes, just kidding but you know what i mean theres nothing worse than a wrinkled up shirt. let me know people what the verdict is? irons good or irons bad!!!

yet another question from the newbie...lol, well our ship is gonna sail soon and my wife is worried about bringing an iron onboard. Do they supply irons or not? can you bring an iron? were a family of neatly pressed clothes, just kidding but you know what i mean theres nothing worse than a wrinkled up shirt. let me know people what the verdict is? irons good or irons bad!!!

Irons are a fire hazard and are prohibited. If they're found they will be confiscated. From Carnival...

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle (750 ml. size) per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only)

• Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

• Electrical and household appliances (i.e. coffee makers, hot plates, toasters, etc.)

• Candles

• Heating Pads

• Incense

• Hookah

Every ship has public laundry rooms with irons and ironing boards should you need them.

:)

OP - I don't like wrinkled clothes either. I've always used the irons in the laundry rooms on every ship I have been on. My only suggestion to you is to bring a piece of cloth to put between your clothes and the iron. Another hint for you is the irons are POPULAR on formal/elegant (whatever they are called these days) nights. I usually iron everything I need to on the first day.

Happy cruising.

While packing up our luggage recently on the Splendor I found a laundry vallet slip in the closet. Had I seen this on previous cruises I would have gladly taken advantage of it. You can send out 12 items for pressing and the cost is $20. If you really don't like the wrinkles and don't want to spend alot of time pre-cruise ironing only to have to touch it up on board this may work for you. We took downy wrinkle release this time as well as used the dry cleaner bags and didn't do any ironing :) The more we cruise the less I'm starting to worry about little wrinkles.

Has anyone taken advantage of the 12 items for $20 pressing deal? Were you happy with it?

there are ironing rooms on every floor, just like he said, just ask the stewards and they will show you where they are.

If you find someone using the iron on your particular floor and don't want to wait just go up or down a floor and the laundry will be in the same place on that floor. Providing there are cabins on that floor ;)

There is something "worse than a wrinkled up shirt" - that's a fire on board a ship! Even a false smoke alarm can ruin a day at sea. Imagine another muster drill because an iron overheated the ship's fragile electric wiring. wow, I'd hate to have 2900 cruisers glaring at me because I used an iron. Might be made to walk the plank at the next port and be disembarked.

OP - I don't like wrinkled clothes either. I've always used the irons in the laundry rooms on every ship I have been on. My only suggestion to you is to bring a piece of cloth to put between your clothes and the iron. Another hint for you is the irons are POPULAR on formal/elegant (whatever they are called these days) nights. I usually iron everything I need to on the first day.

Happy cruising.

another tip, the irons are set up for right-handed people. If you're a lefty ... well let's just say it was a challenge I didn't expect.

thanks people great info as always... just gonna rough it unless the wife feels like ironing...i could care less, i'm sure i wont be the only wrinkly one there... we'll i will post my reviews when we get back next sunday... bon voyage....:)

thanks people great info as always... just gonna rough it unless the wife feels like ironing...i could care less, i'm sure i wont be the only wrinkly one there... we'll i will post my reviews when we get back next sunday... bon voyage....:)

Looks like you are less than a day away!!!! Have a great time!

While packing up our luggage recently on the Splendor I found a laundry vallet slip in the closet. Had I seen this on previous cruises I would have gladly taken advantage of it. You can send out 12 items for pressing and the cost is $20. If you really don't like the wrinkles and don't want to spend alot of time pre-cruise ironing only to have to touch it up on board this may work for you. We took downy wrinkle release this time as well as used the dry cleaner bags and didn't do any ironing :) The more we cruise the less I'm starting to worry about little wrinkles.

Has anyone taken advantage of the 12 items for $20 pressing deal? Were you happy with it?

I would like to know about this as well. 12 items for $20 is very reasonable!

on the Pride the laundry rooms are located:

across from 1219 on Riviera deck

across from 4230 on Main deck

across from 5270 on Upper deck

across from 6102 on Empress deck

across from 7267 on Verandah deck

Bill

Archived