What's the cabin sound proofing like on the Eclipse?

jenpet

Is the cabin sound proofing on the Eclipse sufficient or do people hear noise from adjoining cabins?

We have been spoilt on the P & O Artemis as we never heard a sound.

On the old QE2 it was horrendous, we could hear everything & it ruined the cruise.

I am hoping as the Eclipse is such a modern ship the sound proofing is a its best.

jenpet

The sound proofing is good but the room (8257) had more pops and creaks than I could imagine - restless nights for us. Maybe it was still "breaking in". The sliding door made noise, the ceiling made noise, the cabinents made noise. This was on a TA so maybe a bit more rolling than normal but still it was more than I cared to listen to. As a comparision, our Summit cruise from a couple of weeks ago (room 8149) was as quiet as a church on Tuesday afternoon, then again the seas were much calmer.

JK

I seem to always have a cabin with odd noises and such. I always take foam earplugs just in case. And on the S class ships you can hear your neighbors if they talk loud, have a TV on Loud or slam drawers. But on my recent Eclipse cruise our neighbors and the cabin 8108 was very quiet.

Is the cabin sound proofing on the Eclipse sufficient or do people hear noise from adjoining cabins?

We have been spoilt on the P & O Artemis as we never heard a sound.

On the old QE2 it was horrendous, we could hear everything & it ruined the cruise.

I am hoping as the Eclipse is such a modern ship the sound proofing is a its best.

jenpet

We were in 1066 on the Eclipse in April and never heard anyone on either side except on the balcony. We couldn't even hear the sea with the balcony door closed.

We couldn't hear people in the hallway either.

Carole

I was in 2103 in April and when I was on the balcony I kept looking to see if we had any neighbors. Turns out there were ppl on either side of us, but I never heard a peep from them.

Now on the Summit, we had an adjoining door and the 2 year old next to us kept us up at odd hours. We called guest services and they came up w/ masking tape and taped around the door. Like that would help! My daughter and I burst into laughter.

Archived