FOS - Vintages self pour wine questions

First, has anyone used this service? I searched on here but couldn't find too much. Also, is there a gratuity charged? What are the selections like? I'm reading that it is some of the 'better' wines but I can't find any info on it.

I appreciate any feedback you can provide.

I have not seen this yet on RCI..However have used it in wine stores and wine bars...........its a new trend.. However IMO it is pricey......Not a good value... So I only use it to sample a taste...Wine bars used to allow free samples before you buy..... now they refer you to the wine machines..........I think it takes the humanity and civility out of wine drinking.............I for one like to talk about/ask questions about a different wine with a server who knows about wines wine I order.

The macines are self serve... I bet the 15% charge is there too

• 1 month later...

I know I posted this over a month ago but..has anyone used this service recently? I'm still wondering about anyone's experiences. Surely someone has used the self pours. :confused:

Thanks

I can't answer anything about the gratuity or anything, since I never actually used the self-pour in vintages, but the selection is pretty decent. You can read the bottle of what you are pouring, and the wall is fairly extensive. But it isn't earth shattering. If you're interested, give it a spin, I say. But the self pours are more expensive per glass than essentially anything on the menu, with a few exceptions. So buyer be warned, know what you're paying for.

The selection is extensive, and pricey. 1, 3, 5 oz pours, charged to your seapass card, no tips. Caymus Cabernet, for example, was $45 for a 5 oz pour. RCCL advertises them as being "reasonably priced", but i found them "unreasonably" costly.

bob123

• 1 month later...

We tried to use it on the Freedom in June but for some reason, our card would not work in the wine we chose. The waiter said they had been having problems so just served us the wine of choice. It looked like they had a range of reasonably priced wine up to very expensive!:D

Sherri:)

We were just on the Freedom on 6/26 and we did use this feature. It was quite interesting. There were many to chose from starting from $1.95 up as high as $30 a pour. My hubby and I were doing the 1 oz pour as we were looking for something different.

For the record, there was NO gratuity added to any of our pours. What was listed in front of you on the sign was what your card was charged.

For about $15...we tasted several wines...some good, some not so good but we certainly had fun trying them out. :)

I would definitely recommend it as a way to get introduced to a new wine.

:D

We were just on the Freedom on 6/26 and we did use this feature. It was quite interesting. There were many to chose from starting from $1.95 up as high as $30 a pour. My hubby and I were doing the 1 oz pour as we were looking for something different.

For the record, there was NO gratuity added to any of our pours. What was listed in front of you on the sign was what your card was charged.

For about $15...we tasted several wines...some good, some not so good but we certainly had fun trying them out. :)

I would definitely recommend it as a way to get introduced to a new wine.

:D

Thanks for sharing, Esmerelda! I'm happy to see you had a positive experience with the self-serve stations. I'm glad to see they did not charge gratuity. I think I will investigate this when I am on the ship in December.

Archived