Just off Carnival Legend!

Foodie39

Ok- sorry for the delay, but I think I may be fighting off a sinus infection. I have been really tired and have had a headache since yesterday.

Tuna tartar was great- I highly recommend it, I believe it was tossed in maybe a citrus type marinade? We had it twice while we were there.

Day 2- 082wt.jpg

083us.jpg

This was our view from a couple of chairs in the Serenity area. The only time we were really able to enjoy the area was in the evening. We tend to be late risers/ diners, so when everyone else was getting ready for dinner we were able to enjoy the area. Tonight was the first formal night (or cruise elegant) and we saw plenty of people dressed up. We did get our pictures taken by the photographers, and they came out pretty good even though we didn't buy them. We did check out the night club, and stayed there people watching for a while. We didn't dance, but we were quite entertained by those who were. ;) Overall, a great sea day.

Cozumel- we had planned a day of snorkeling, and since I didn't have my notes as to what to do and where to go we had to ask someone where good beach snorkeling was. We wound up at Money Bar. The water was great- super clear.

092dtl.jpg

093nv.jpg

094vp.jpg

The Inspiration was also in Cozumel with us.

098w.jpg

101er.jpg

We had a great time snorkeling, and were looking forward to the Chef table. It started in the Galley with a champagne toast and 4 appetizers. They were all great, and it was interesting to see the galley in action. The chef did a great job explaining what was done in each area of the kitchen. However, for as loud as the kitchen was, he was a little soft spoken and sometimes hard to hear.

117aa.jpg

Norwegian Salmon tartar

118crl.jpg

Fire Roasted Tomato and Poblano Chili Bisque

119ja.jpg

Rock Shrimps and Apple Beignets

We must think alike! DH and I are eating in the steakhouse the first night of our cruise, and we have booked the Chef's Table as well. We aren't foodies by any means, but do enjoy a good meal. Thank you for posting the pictures and detailing both of your dining experiences. It lets me know we made the right decision to do both. Your review and pictures are wonderful. Am waiting to see and read more!

Archived