playa uva/nachi cocom/mr sanchos/chakanab

ROBINBIRDIE66

Hi everyone,

We are going to be in Cozumel for a day and are struggling with what to do, so I'm looking for advice.

I'm confused on the pricing for Playa Uva - is it free (other than the $8 drink charge)? Do you have to pay for snorkel and kayaking? How much? How much was the taxi?

Nachi Cocom - I'm reading the taxi is $15 each way, $49 all inclusive food and drink, then another $38 for snorkel? Sounds like a lot of $ considering we don't drink. Also have read it gets crowded even though they limit to 100 people per day.

Mr Sanchos - taxi is $15, free use of beach and chairs, but have to buy food and drinks. Do they do any snorkeling from there? How much?

Lastly, I think that Chakanab is the national park with good snorkeling. I've read taxi anywhere from $12 to $25 per person, admission of $19, food and drink extra.

We would like to do some snorkeling and also some beach time. We don't drink and don't have kids so would like something low key.

I'm also open to any of the snorkel/beach excursions from the ships even though they seem to be terribly overpriced. Also open to other beach locations that are not listed here.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Robin

If you are not big drinkers and are focused on snorkeling then I would go to the Money Bar -- great snorkeling from the "beach" and it is not AI, so just pay for what you order. Plus the cab ride is a little shorter (only $9-10) so you'll save a few bucks compared to most of your other options.

Good luck! :)

Archived