Sleeping in other's suite - tipping questions

flyhelper

Our family has booked two window suites and one inside cabin for the upcoming Princess cruise, with the intention of using only the two window suites. We have three little kids, so have to stay together. Booking this way saves us lots of $$$ compared with booking all 6 persons in the two suites. I posted a questions a few days ago and got many helpful answers. I thank you all.

Now I have some other related questions: how should I handle tipping? For the two persons (DD and I) booked in the inside cabin, I plan to leave the auto tipping in place, because I feel that the inside-cabin room attendant should not have a reduction in his/her income simply because we decide not to occupy the cabin. However, since DD and I will actually be staying in the two window suites - DD with grandma and sister, I with DH and DS - I plan to tip our actual room attendants extra in cash. So, in this situation, do our room attendants get to keep the cash tips or are they obligated to turn them in to a pool? Also, how should I handle tipping to other service people like waiters? We have anytime dining.

Two more questions:

(1) Do I need to inform anyone (e.g., room attendant of the inside cabin) for our change of sleeping arrangements?

(2) The default bed arrangement in window suites is two separate twin beds. How do I inform our room attendants ahead of time that we prefer to put the twin beds together to make them into queens?

Thanks!

Assuming you leave the auto-tip on for all parties, your attendant will keep the extra. Note that if all the cabins are in the same area it may be the same attendant. Dining doesn't change, since its still the same total number of people.

You definitely want to advise stewards of all rooms as to how you will be sleeping, so that they can A> make up the beds correctly and B> don't wonder why beds have not been slept in and start thinking people have gone overboard. One note, if the inside cabin is near your suites, it makes an excellent 3rd bathroom.

Your bed preference should be in your booking.

Our family has booked two window suites and one inside cabin for the upcoming Princess cruise, with the intention of using only the two window suites. We have three little kids, so have to stay together. Booking this way saves us lots of $$$ compared with booking all 6 persons in the two suites. I posted a questions a few days ago and got many helpful answers. I thank you all.

Now I have some other related questions: how should I handle tipping? For the two persons (DD and I) booked in the inside cabin, I plan to leave the auto tipping in place, because I feel that the inside-cabin room attendant should not have a reduction in his/her income simply because we decide not to occupy the cabin. However, since DD and I will actually be staying in the two window suites - DD with grandma and sister, I with DH and DS - I plan to tip our actual room attendants extra in cash. So, in this situation, do our room attendants get to keep the cash tips or are they obligated to turn them in to a pool? Also, how should I handle tipping to other service people like waiters? We have anytime dining.

Two more questions:

(1) Do I need to inform anyone (e.g., room attendant of the inside cabin) for our change of sleeping arrangements?

(2) The default bed arrangement in window suites is two separate twin beds. How do I inform our room attendants ahead of time that we prefer to put the twin beds together to make them into queens?

Thanks!

Archived