No Freedom on Freedom

lastonein

Just returned from the 5-7 sailing of the Freedom. This was my 14th carnival cruise. First let me say the food on Carnival was great like always. I ate mostly in the MDR. The meet and greet was excellent. Thank you ladies for setting it up. This sailing was my 25th sailing in the Caribbean. It was the first time I was not allowed to bring back a couple cans of local beer back on the ship. I was stopped by a security guard who acted as if he just found Ben Laden. "Oh! Beer! We have to discard this" Like I'm going let this dude throw my 6 pack away. I returned to the pier consumed it and vowed I will never sail Carnival again.

On sea days the seat and chair crap starts. While on the serenity deck which is very nice, my DW and I had a sofa to ourselves when I went to play sunshine bingo. All the tables there were full on lido, but not all the chairs, I wanted to move a chair so I could see the board and not be in the sun. AS I limped over (I have RA and walk with a cane) to the first of three tables, I was denied access to one of 3 empty chairs. The second table had 2 empty chairs "these are saved!", and the third table also with 2 empty chairs and was told NO!. I drug a chair from half a deck away and played bingo the game took 45 minutes. NONE of the chairs were ever filled. When I returned to the serenity deck, WOW 7 strangers rearranged all the chairs surrounding my dw just hi-jacked the spot. When I saw they left no room for me she stood up and within 2 seconds one hi-jacker was in her spot.

Carnival just sells the tickets and I’m glad being a stock holder. I refuse to let despicable people spoil my vacation. When you dip your hands to the bottom of the bucket of humanity and clean out your finger nails this is what you get. Not for me I don't need it.

The Freedom to bring back a couple of local beers in port is a Freedom I won't loose.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Freedom is my favorite ship. I can's stand rude and inconsiderate people. Drives me nuts. Surprised they wouldn't let you bring that beer back on but at least you were able to consume it! Hope your next cruise will make up for this one.

Just returned from the 5-7 sailing of the Freedom. This was my 14th carnival cruise. First let me say the food on Carnival was great like always. I ate mostly in the MDR. The meet and greet was excellent. Thank you ladies for setting it up. This sailing was my 25th sailing in the Caribbean. It was the first time I was not allowed to bring back a couple cans of local beer back on the ship. I was stopped by a security guard who acted as if he just found Ben Laden. "Oh! Beer! We have to discard this" Like I'm going let this dude throw my 6 pack away. I returned to the pier consumed it and vowed I will never sail Carnival again.

On sea days the seat and chair crap starts. While on the serenity deck which is very nice, my DW and I had a sofa to ourselves when I went to play sunshine bingo. All the tables there were full on lido, but not all the chairs, I wanted to move a chair so I could see the board and not be in the sun. AS I limped over (I have RA and walk with a cane) to the first of three tables, I was denied access to one of 3 empty chairs. The second table had 2 empty chairs "these are saved!", and the third table also with 2 empty chairs and was told NO!. I drug a chair from half a deck away and played bingo the game took 45 minutes. NONE of the chairs were ever filled. When I returned to the serenity deck, WOW 7 strangers rearranged all the chairs surrounding my dw just hi-jacked the spot. When I saw they left no room for me she stood up and within 2 seconds one hi-jacker was in her spot.

Carnival just sells the tickets and I’m glad being a stock holder. I refuse to let despicable people spoil my vacation. When you dip your hands to the bottom of the bucket of humanity and clean out your finger nails this is what you get. Not for me I don't need it.

The Freedom to bring back a couple of local beers in port is a Freedom I won't loose.

It is not just Carnival that doesn't allow alcohol to be brought on board from a port. I believe most cruise lines follow the same guidelines.

From Royal Caribbean website:

Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? - Royal Caribbean International Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy.

From Celebrity:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other

use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the

cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any

shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of

$25.00. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of calls or from the onboard shops

will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest's staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

s.gif

I am sorry you had issues with the chairs though. I think it's terribly rude denying you a seat when they weren't being used. It's wrong.

A friend of mine wanted to get back onboard after a day in port once with two cases of local beer.

They said it would be held until the final morning. It was the rule.

Another friend of mine wanted to get onboard with one case.

They said it would be held until the final morning. It was the rule.

Yet another had a six-pack.

They told him that it would be held until the final morning. It was the rule.

Another came back with a beer in each hand. They told him it would be held until the final morning. It was the rule.

He asked if he could drink it on the pier. They said, "Sure!"

So let me get this straight...

You decide that the rules do not apply to you, get caught, and vow never to sail Carnival again?

Allrighty then. See ya, buh-bye.

As long as I've been sailing Carnival, the rule has been no alcohol is to be brought onboard. Bummer...I know. It sucks. It would be nice to bring local beer onboard.

As far as someone telling you seats are saved...Carnival's rule is "No Saving Seats". This goes for deck chairs and seats in the main show lounge.

I had this happen to me once. My mother (who can't walk long distances), her DH, myself and my DH found four seats in the show lounge. A snotty young girl sitting in the row in front of us informed us the seats were saved.

My response? Sorry...no seat saving. She suggested we move over to the other side of the lounge where there were more seats. Told her...sorry, no seat saving. We stayed put.

Sorry your cruise wasn't a nice as you hoped. Have a great cruise the next time, whichever line you choose!

Did anyone really read the OP's post? They were not going to hold his beer. They were going to discard it. Huge difference.

Reading is fundamental. So is reading comprehension. ;)

I wonder if he could have told them he would rather they hold it until the final day.

I also wonder what they would have said to him.

Do you wonder that?

I drug a chair from half a deck away and played bingo the game took 45 minutes. NONE of the chairs were ever filled. When I returned to the serenity deck, WOW 7 strangers rearranged all the chairs surrounding my dw just hi-jacked the spot.

So you were gone for 45 minutes and chairs were re-arranged when you returned?

I thought the chair hog time limit window was 30 minutes?:eek:

25 cruises...member of CC since 2001....only 4 posts?

Read your cruise contract: you were told you wouldn't be allowed to bring those beers back on board.

Read any other line's cruise contract: they won't let you bring those beers back on board either.

As for the chair hogs, so what's new?

I have brought at least a 6 pack of beer, sometimes 12, from nearly every port of call, on every cruise I have ever been on, and never had it taken away. I have asked about it several times from room stewards, guest services, etc. and was told it was allowed. They will take and hold your liquor but they look the other way with beer. I know what the contract says, but I do it at every port, except the embarkation port, of course. I will be upset if this is not being allowed now..

I would have thougth they would hold your 6 pack like they will hold liquor purchased off the ship and return the last night. Could have gotten a security guy who had no clue what he was doing and make up his own rules.

Chair hogs is a problem that Carnival does nothing about unfortunately.

Whiners, It's their ship. They make and enforce the rules however they see fit. Play the game, lose or win. But stop whining about it. You lost this time. Get over it . Man I get tired of babys.

Call me a baby if you want, but this is just another example of nit-picking and greed, and it's going to start affecting their bottom line. After having a 10 year monogamous relationship with Carnival, I'm seriously thinking about having an affair with another line.

Call me a baby if you want, but this is just another example of nit-picking and greed, and it's going to start affecting their bottom line. After having a 10 year monogamous relationship with Carnival, I'm seriously thinking about having an affair with another line.

Actually wasn't really directed at you, but I re-read your post and saw it also applies.. So, Bye

and it's going to start affecting their bottom line
How, exactly? :confused:

So you choose to sail some other cruise line, so what? The ships sail full. There will always be someone queued up to take your place. Carnival obviously doesn't see this as a very big problem.

Catering to repeat customers has never been a high priority with them, given how long it took them to jump aboard the Past Guest Perks Train.

I may be wrong (and perhaps the OP will clarify) but I do not believe the reason he/she is not sailing with CCL anymore is just because of the beer. From what I read, I felt as though the OP was sick of the other passengers, and the beer was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Unfortunately, inconsiderate people are everywhere - they come in every shape, size, and class. And often, if you are considerate to others, you will be taken advantage of.

I hope the next cruise is better for you, OP.

OP's last post:

It is a shame prople like Doug and their small minds and stupid posts even cruise. Maybe some day you will need medication and some small minded ass will say to you."Do try to do it around me"

Topic of this thread: Medically Prescribed Marijuana

Now, I could be wrong, but it seems like lastonein has a problem with rules regarding intoxicating substances, whether they be company rules, laws, etc. (Yes, I am a stalker. :eek: "Find all posts by" is my favorite thing EVER!:D)

Archived