Just back from the jewel

davesgirl51

Just got off the Jewel this morning in New York.

Embarkation and Debarkation smooth, quick and efficient.

Crew as DELIGHTFUL as ever. Service outstanding.

Food in all locations (didn't do Mama or the Lagoon) was outstanding. And YES, crabcakes are still on the menu.:)

Did not do Taste of India nor Jazz Brunch.

Did Best of All in Le Bistro on last sea day. Outstanding except that the Jazz Band is too much in a small room. Scott Crowe would have been better I think.

Did Chef's Gourmet Dinner @ 75 pp and was wonderful fun.

Did Officer's Hosting in Tsar's Palace which was also very entertaining.

Lots of morning Atrium demonstrations were interesting and informative.

Shows good overall.

Cirque Bijou magnificent, Comedian Buzz Sutherland and Fountains to die for. Our bellies are still aching.

We did a private tour in St. Thomas, NCL Golden Eagle in St. Maarten, and Virgin Gorda Baths and Snorkel in Tortola. All fantastic.

Weather not bad, not good. So-so.

No gastro breakouts ("Wishy Washy Happy Happy" worked again !)

Very sad to leave. We miss our other family already.

I believe that for the next 2 cruises at least the following is true:

Captain : Lars

Hotel Director : Hugo

Concierge : Adrian

Cruise Director : Dan "The Man"

Assistant CD : "Here's Johnny" (You can guess my age if I say, "Here's Jack")

F & B : Chris

Beverage : Katya

Restaurant : Adine

Cruise Consultant : Luciana

GSM : Barry

AGSM : Dia

Any questions feel free to ask. :)

Hugo seems to do these when he has a Captain that is receptive to it. The only other HD that I have seen that will put these on is Denis Prguda' date=' but not since he left the Pearl.[/color']

PE

I haven't cruised with Hugo for a few years, it sounds interesting.

Now, I'm really hoping Hugo will be on the Jewel in December. We just missed him when we were on in March.

Hugo seems to do these when he has a Captain that is receptive to it. The only other HD that I have seen that will put these on is Denis Prguda' date=' but not since he left the Pearl.

PE[/color']

Hi and thanks :).

Rumor has it that they are to become fleet wide. We did one with Hugo on the blizzard of Feb. 2005 or 6 Dawn cruise and it really is interesting and fun.

Hugo has things running very smoothly and the crew (that I spoke with) stated that they were very VERY happy.

It may well be at the Captain's discretion/desire or approval ... oddly, dear Lars wasn't feeling up to snuff that evening so there had to be last minute changes. And you know what happens when feathers get ruffled. Pffft. ;)

Now, I'm really hoping Hugo will be on the Jewel in December. We just missed him when we were on in March.

Hugo will definitely be back from vacation by the time you get there in December. Unless he wins the lottery as he always jokes.

PE

Hugo will definitely be back from vacation by the time you get there in December. Unless he wins the lottery as he always jokes.

PE

Great news!!! I figured he would just be signing off in November, I guess I have the schedules all messed up again...lol :D

Great news!!! I figured he would just be signing off in November, I guess I have the schedules all messed up again...lol :D

Yes, he will definitely be on in December and anyone on the Jewel for Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years will gt to enjoy Buzz Sutherland. A refreshing CLEAN comedian. :)

Lovely to read that you had another great cruise!

Hugo sounds like a good HD, is he going to be on your first 2 B2B's as we are also on these two.

I wish we were going tomorrow, it hasn't stopped raining today!

Beverly

Lovely to read that you had another great cruise!

Hugo sounds like a good HD, is he going to be on your first 2 B2B's as we are also on these two.

I wish we were going tomorrow, it hasn't stopped raining today!

Beverly

All things equal, yes. :)

It's an event that Hugo is fond of doing where in you dine at a table with one of the officers on the ship. It is rumored that this will go fleetwide.

Hugo has been trying to make this a fleetwide thing for about 3 years now. I don't know why corporate is so reluctant.

PE

We just got off the Jewel last week. We were scheduled to dine with Captain Lars but he was under the weather. We ate dinner with Hugo and three other couples. He was charming and informative and we had free wine with our dinner.

It's an event that Hugo is fond of doing where in you dine at a table with one of the officers on the ship. It is rumored that this will go fleetwide.

Archived