credit card refused on solstice

scruffts2007

[/i]

[/i]

Are you aware Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity and handles their reservation, billing and administrative affairs? Whenever we book a cruise on Celebrity, the credit card charges appear on our statements as "Royal Caribbean-Miami" as it is they who process them.

So to say you'll know longer sail Celebrity due to a billing snafu, but are willing to sail Royal Caribbean requires a little common sense here! (no personal offense).

The cruise line Royal Caribbean does not own Celebrity; they are sister cruise lines. There is a parent corporation named Royal Caribbean Cruises Limitted that owns Royal Caribbean International (the cruise line with ships like Oasis, Adventure, Jewel, Monarch etc.), Celebrity, Azamara and a couple of European lines.

On the first of my three Celebrity cruises I also received a notice that my card had been declined. I always have multiple cards and notify the. CC company pre-trip. When I went to guest relations the card went through just fine. Next night - same problem. Again down to GR. Same story. On the third night in a row the guest relations person apologized and did reference the security code. That night I noticed that there were numerous letters on doors with similar notices. I mentioned this and she told me it was a common problem.

That being said, I have travelled twice with Celebrity since without incident.

The cruise line Royal Caribbean does not own Celebrity; they are sister cruise lines. There is a parent corporation named Royal Caribbean Cruises Limitted that owns Royal Caribbean International (the cruise line with ships like Oasis, Adventure, Jewel, Monarch etc.), Celebrity, Azamara and a couple of European lines.

I agree with you and stand corrected. However, my point to the OP is that the employee who likely entered the wrong security code for the credit card receives a paycheck from Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited, not Celebrity! So why not include Royal Caribbean in the "ban", in addition to Celebrity, if the OPs intention is to "punish" the company responsible?

as stated before the problem has only happened with celebrity, I am aware that Royal Caribbean are the parent company of zeleb and others - but as it is only happened on the celebrity line I do not wish to repeat the problem again - that is my "common sense"

the whole thing has left a "bad taste" and one that I do not wish to repeat

the whole thing has left a "bad taste" and one that I do not wish to repeat

I too have a bad taste after reading your accounts, and I believe you. Our upcoming cruise is so messed up, I am worried about it. They keep changing port dates and not notifying anyone including TAs. When customer service was called the CCer was told that they don't notify, except for major changes. This means that if you booked private tours as many of us do, we now have to call the touring companies to let them know of change of dates. That's ok if you check the dates daily but many don't, and we shouldn't have to. It would not be so hard for Celebrity to just send out an email, as they do with their overpriced drink packages. Everyone says that once on board the beautiful Solstice ships everything will be smooth that it is just the front end staff that is a mess, but your account does leave me wondering. I notice they make you pre pay for every shore excursion, spa treatment, dining reservation, instead of just reserving. We will take several Credit Cards, but there better not be an embarrassing letter on our cabin door. They are setting themselves up, who does that? That is truly publicly humiliating. The steward can just place it on the bed.Again, I am sorry you had to experience such humiliating treatment due to error on Celebrity's end. I hope it doesn't happen to us.

My problem was with RCL. Checked in at the terminal, gave the girl my credit card. By the time we got to our cabin, the message light on the telephone was blinking, would I please come down to quest relations and give them a credit card.

She told me that I never gave the agent at check-in a credit card. I then asked her how could I get the Sea Pass cards without giving someone a credit card. She says GOOD POINT:rolleyes:, makes a call to someone, then tells me I'm all set.

So it's not always the credit card company fault!!!!!!!!

My CC charges have shown up as 'Celebrity' not Royal Caribbean. Just pointing out that this is different than what you're saying....

Jodie

Credit card charges for deposit, final payment and on board expenses for my two most recent Celebrity cruises (2010 and 2011) were displayed as "Royal Caribbean, Miami, FL" on my statements.

This has been an informative thread for me.

I'm a relative novice on cruises with only six completed on Princess, RCCL and the last on Celebrity. Minor issues cropped up the last day on my two Princess cruises, my last RCCL cruise six years ago was very similar to the OP's. We had absolutely no issue with X on our cruise in December.

The consistent issue happens the final night when the purser is closing out the accounts and that seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back especially for those who thought they'd dealt with the issue previously.

Bottom line is bottom line...issues were successfully resolved and even the three dealings with the guest relations/pursers were handled professionally and definitely with great courtesy.

If that's a deal breaker for anybody, God help you.

Archived