Relaxing lunch at resort

KenNBarbie

We're not beach/sun/water people, but would love to visit one of the upscale Resorts for a relaxing lunch.

Are the resort restraunts open to walk-in public? Anyone have a recommendation? Saw a TV piece on Ramada Grand Caymanian Resort that looked really inviting.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how high-end the Caymanian is (it may be, we've just not been there), but there's a Ritz and a Westin that are nice. We stayed at the Marriott recently and enjoyed lunch there many times. I ordered a lobster sandwich which wasn't on the bar menu, but the chef was happy to make for me.

please do not go to My Bar at Sunset House

I've been concerned that there might not be a table for me

there's only room for so many you know . . .

Eye Eye Captain! Should I clear a path through "Cruise Crazies" riff raff for you Sir?

Do you recall which restaurant you had lunch in? I see several listed on the Marriott Beach Resort web site. It looks like "our kind of place" for that relaxing lunch! Thanks for the input.

I don't know that it had a name ... there's a bar area and tables and we just sat down at the tables. Solona is outside, but it's only open in the evenings. When you walk through the lobby, you'll go through the courtyard (very pretty) and once you see the ocean, go to the right.

The menus for the restaurants are displayed inside the lobby on a table. That's how I found the lobster salad sandwich, which was not on the menu at the outside bar. But they were happy to make it for me. It was not on the traditional New England roll but rather on toasted bread. It's grainy and more cracker-like but it was awesome.

Now that I think of it ... there is another bar ... it's to the left, but I don't remember it being open all the time so if you go to the right, you'll see the one we ate at. You'll see yellow condos next door (Regal Beach).

Even when there were ships in port, the place was never crowded, which was nice. I don't recall if the Marriott did this or not, but many food establishments add the tip to your bill, so make sure and see if it's already on there or not. The first time we were on the island we didn't know this and we double tipped.

Archived