Epic: Balcony vs. Mini suite, what's the difference?

stan1980

Hi All,

I'm about to book a cruise on the Epic, but can't find out what the difference is between a Balcony stateroom & a mini Suite...

I know the mini suite is slightly bigger, but are there additional perks? Like entrance to the Courtyard Area & The Epic Club...?

Hope somebody can tell me!

Thanx! Stan

The "mini-suite" is simply an extended balcony room. It's about 7-8 feet longer and has a larger shower (and sometimes a bathtub). If does not get any additional suite amenities, and I wish NCL would drop the "suite" from the name of these things. Calling them extended balconies, like they used to, is more descriptive.

Edited by sdmike

Hi All,

I'm about to book a cruise on the Epic, but can't find out what the difference is between a Balcony stateroom & a mini Suite...

I know the mini suite is slightly bigger, but are there additional perks? Like entrance to the Courtyard Area & The Epic Club...?

Thanx! Stan

Stan:

I believe this link (http://www2.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/staterooms/2/suite#tab_detail)

will show you which "suites" include the perks. It doesn't look like the mini suite has those perks.

B. Cole

Hi All,

Thanx! Stan

Hi there

Just back off Epic, TransAtlantic Miami to Barcelona.

Fantastic cruise

We had a mini suite, MC grade, on deck 10 Starboard Aft.

Stateroom was larger than a 'balcony', as advertised, & the additional space was welcome. We also had a bathtub and powershower, whereas the 'balcony' rooms just have a shower.( note not all 'mini suites have a bathtub apparently).

The balcony was the largest in terms of depth & width we have experienced, having had balconies on several NCL ships.

There were no extra perks offered to us.

note, the configuration varies with each mini-suite.

Ours had the bed nearest the balcony, and the settee/couch nearest the bathroom area/sink.

Other mini-suites are opposite to this.

One other difference from the 'balcony' staterooms was in the decor.

hope this helps

John

I dont think theres any special perks, and trust me i have been researching as I am booked into a Mini Suite. They are slightly longer and i think have a small bath.

I even spoke to NCL to find out what we get for our "mini suite" basically extra square footage.

Thanx all for the extensive explanations. Too bad that NCL doesnt really have intermediate-premium cabins which grant you access to restricted areas like the courtyard & Epic Club.

Last cruise was a Celebrity X cruise in Aquaspa Stateroom, loved the extra perks & entrance to a restricted restaurant.

• 6 years later...
Hi there

Just back off Epic, TransAtlantic Miami to Barcelona.

Fantastic cruise

We had a mini suite, MC grade, on deck 10 Starboard Aft.

Stateroom was larger than a 'balcony', as advertised, & the additional space was welcome. We also had a bathtub and powershower, whereas the 'balcony' rooms just have a shower.( note not all 'mini suites have a bathtub apparently).

The balcony was the largest in terms of depth & width we have experienced, having had balconies on several NCL ships.

There were no extra perks offered to us.

note, the configuration varies with each mini-suite.

Ours had the bed nearest the balcony, and the settee/couch nearest the bathroom area/sink.

Other mini-suites are opposite to this.

One other difference from the 'balcony' staterooms was in the decor.

hope this helps

John

John,

Do you remember your cabin number?

We had a mini suite on the Epic with a bathtub. Loved our location. Also, did a cabin crawl with members of our roll call so we got to see numerous other cabins including balconies. Our cabin was bigger too.