Carnival Glory and a 13 year old

basketballmom

Now that many of you have spent winter/spring breaks cruising on the Glory, I hope you can help with my concerns.

Our 13 yo DD will be sailing with us this summer. What types of activities are there for her? Is she allowed in the teen disco/lounge (heard conflicting reports on this)?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure she isn't bored and spends her time "wandering" around the ship all the time.

Make sure she attends the teen meet and greet on the first night. Check the capers for the time. This is where she will meet other kids. After that, even if she doesn't participate in the organized activities for teens, she will still have friends to hang out with. That's how it was for my kids.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the teen disco. I think the teens that are 12-15 will have certain hours, then the 15-17 age group will have their hours but I'm not sure.

I am just nervous about her hanging out with the 15-17 yo crowd at night. Last cruise was a much smaller ship so I didn't mind her wandering around because there wasn't much trouble to get into. This time, I'm a little nervous because of the size of the ship.

Anyone else ready to share their experiences?

WE recently sailed on the Miracle with DS who is 15. He did go to the teen meet and greet and participated in many of the organized activities on the cruise for teens such as ping pong, video game challenge, and even karaoke(shocked me). He had a blast and made many friends. You really need to set up rules for your daughter to follow and a curfew. Have her check in with you several times and let her know where you will be. The teen disco was open for teens up to 15 and at 10:45 it was only for 16 and above - strictly enforced.

The teen room (ultraviolet) is also the arcade on the glory. I am a 16 year old girl and I was in there a lot there were younger kids like probably only 11 or 12 until very late at night around 1 or 2. There is a teen counselor until midnight, the girl i had was great and got everyone to have a great time, but ultraviolet is open 24/7 and most of the time there are kids in there.

Thanks to Manny123 and Sea-n-ski. DH is pretty responsible for her age. You know the old adage, "it's not my child I worry about, it's the other people." She makes friends pretty easily so I will definitely make sure she goes to the meet and greet the first night.

I know personally, walkie-talkies help make the ship seem smaller. I definitely suggest getting your teen one and you keeping one and setting specific check in times. At least that is what my crew with teens are going to do--see you there. We need to keep in contact so that the teengage girls going with us can have meet!

I'll be honest with you. We were on the Glory 2X this past year with my 13yo son. First time, he met a great group of kids and they entertained themselves. 2nd time he didn't have a lot of comparably aged children on board and had a very hard time meeting others. to make things worse, they made the teen disco for ages 15-17 and threw out the younger kids (strictly enforced)

If they don't make friends quickly it's hard to break into "the groups"

Good Luck.

Archived