Rotterdam Secret Civilizations

Rutland Gate

Check into doing Machu Picchu on your own. The HAL tour was outrageously expensive and not very good (other than seeing Machu Picchu) -- the people who booked on their own saved a bundle and had a better time.

Thanks, Nakantia - that's exactly what we're doing. Hoping to spend a week or more in Peru before embarkation. Also looking into flying into Quito, Ecuador first and then on to Peru. It borders on wishful thinking, but that's how our last trip started out and everything turned out fine.

Thanks for your timely review! "Timely" because we're looking at the Fall cruise and this does help. We're looking into going to Machu Picchu first and then picking up the cruise in Lima. Turns out floating home may be less expensive than flying home. Far more comfortable, that's for sure ;).
Plaese take a look at the HAL 5 day pre tour, I did the post & it was excellent & was very reasonable! 1/3 the price of the HAL Excursions!

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/south-american-cruises and Click on Hotels/Tours then Tour packages.

SOUTH AMERICA & ANTARCTICA TOUR PACKAGES

5-Night Lima, Machu Picchu Callao*

5-NIGHT PRE-CRUISE TOUR*

2011: Apr 27

2012: Jan 11; Feb 13; Dec 1

Day 1 Lima Overnight Lima.

Day 2 Lima Morning at leisure. Afternoon half-day tour of colonial Lima, including a visit to the Museum of Anthropology and Archaeology. Included dinner at a Victorian-style restaurant. Overnight Lima.

Day 3 Cuzco Fly to Cuzco for an afternoon tour of this former Inca capital as well as Inca ruins outside the city. Included dinner and folklore show at hotel. Overnight Cuzco.

Day 4 Machu Picchu Arrive by train from Cuzco to discover the awe-inspiring Incan city where the great emperor Pachacuti reigned, for a guided tour of the Lost City of the Incas. Lunch included at Hotel Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge. Evening on own. Overnight Cuzco.

Day 5 Lima Morning flight to Lima for an afternoon tour of the world-famous Larco Herrera Museum. Overnight Lima.

Day 6 Lima Bon Voyage Transfer to the pier to join your ship.

5-NIGHT POST-CRUISE TOUR*

2011: May 2; Dec 4

2012: Jan 16; Feb 18; Dec 6

The post-cruise tour includes all the features above.

For post-cruise guests, rooms will be reserved until 6:00pm on the day of your departure.

*Triple not available -- third person must book as a single occupancy.

4- or 5-Night Lima, Machu Picchu & Santiago*

:)I, too, was on the Secret Civilizations cruise for the full 30 days. I have nothing but good things to say about the ship AND the wonderful crew. I am considering sailing her transatlantic to Rotterdam next April, I enjoyed her so much. (I'm not sure that I'm in "harpoon" class, but I did weigh myself when I returned home. Oh, my! I have three weeks to lose the excess before attending a wedding in three weeks.)

It was great having you as a tablemate on the cruise. I hope we will cruise together again. It was a fantastic cruise.

Plaese take a look at the HAL 5 day pre tour, I did the post & it was excellent & was very reasonable! 1/3 the price of the HAL Excursions!

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/south-american-cruises and Click on Hotels/Tours then Tour packages.

SOUTH AMERICA & ANTARCTICA TOUR PACKAGES

5-Night Lima, Machu Picchu Callao*

5-NIGHT PRE-CRUISE TOUR*

2011: Apr 27

2012: Jan 11; Feb 13; Dec 1

Day 1 Lima Overnight Lima.

Day 2 Lima Morning at leisure. Afternoon half-day tour of colonial Lima, including a visit to the Museum of Anthropology and Archaeology. Included dinner at a Victorian-style restaurant. Overnight Lima.

Day 3 Cuzco Fly to Cuzco for an afternoon tour of this former Inca capital as well as Inca ruins outside the city. Included dinner and folklore show at hotel. Overnight Cuzco.

Day 4 Machu Picchu Arrive by train from Cuzco to discover the awe-inspiring Incan city where the great emperor Pachacuti reigned, for a guided tour of the Lost City of the Incas. Lunch included at Hotel Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge. Evening on own. Overnight Cuzco.

Day 5 Lima Morning flight to Lima for an afternoon tour of the world-famous Larco Herrera Museum. Overnight Lima.

Day 6 Lima Bon Voyage Transfer to the pier to join your ship.

5-NIGHT POST-CRUISE TOUR*

2011: May 2; Dec 4

2012: Jan 16; Feb 18; Dec 6

The post-cruise tour includes all the features above.

For post-cruise guests, rooms will be reserved until 6:00pm on the day of your departure.

*Triple not available -- third person must book as a single occupancy.

4- or 5-Night Lima, Machu Picchu & Santiago*

Thanks for the tip! That is a good price ($1599 pp) We reserved space.

Archived