Royal Promenade Vs. Outside Cabin on FOS

I have a cabin overlooking the Promenade for my upcoming cruise on Freedom. When I was checking my Crown & Anchor status(Platinum) I went to the request upgrade section where you can ask for an automatic upgrade(if available) or you can limit the upgrades you are interested in. One of the choices was not to be offered an upgrade if you are booked in a Promenade view cabin. I am wondering why I wouldn't want the upgrade to an Outside Cabin from the Promenade view?

Maybe because an outside cabin could be as low as the 2nd floor? Personally I would rather have an inside or promenade cabin on a high deck than an oceanview on the 2nd or 3rd deck, but I'm sure not everyone would agree with that. I just hate being down on the lower decks.

Some people book the Promenade cabins specifically for the view of the promenade, and wouldn't want to be upgraded. They have the same kind of thing for Central Park and Boardwalk view cabins, however, it is to NOT be upgraded TO them, not FROM them. People who have booked a view of the ocean wouldn't want to find out that they no longer have that.

Archived