Possible CC Group Cruise May1, 2012 Carnival Spirit to Alaska & Glacier Bay

RVman

Hello CC members. Who is interested in taking the first cruise of the season to Alaska in 2012? It’s 7 Days cruising the wonderful Carnival Spirit; beginning in Vancouver, then cruising through the Inside Passage and ending up in Seattle. You can fly into Seattle and take a bus or train to Vancouver. May is a wonderful month to travel to Alaska, what do say? For those who are interested, we could have a group cocktail party and do a couple shore excursions. Please post, if you would like to join in on this adventure to Alaska.

THANKs!! Mark :)

p157402-Glacier_Bay-Majorie_Glacier.jpg

Sounds Great!!!!! Last May, we went on a round trip CC group cruise out of Seattle. I believe what makes this one much better is two reasons: First, instead of a wasted day at Sea, by leaving out of Vancouver, we will be able to cruise the Inside Passage. Second, instead of Tracy Arm, we will be cruising beautiful Glacier Bay. It’s a trip that I couldn’t pass up. Hope you can join us; it promises to be a trip of a lifetime!

Tempted to join you, itinerary looks good. And we need a good cruise for 2012 :D

Will there be any discount on deposit?

We should get a reduced deposit rate of $25.00. Last year, as a CC group, we received a better rate, shipboard credit and a few additional perks. The more to sign up, the better. Once we get a group, I will e-mail Laura to see if I can get this rolling and what all we will receive.

Anybody else ? This will be a great Alaska cruise, you will see more snow on this cruise than any other cruise of the year. You do think of snow when you think Alaska don’t you? The snow melts.:eek:

And if you read the reviews you will find that Glacier Bay is a must if you go to Alaska.

Don't let the Vancouver departure city scare you away either. it's only a $35.00 train ride from Seattle to Vancouver and it's a treat in itself.

Relish the beauty of the trip from Seattle to Vancouver, as you pass snowcapped mountains and rumble over lakes. There are some gorgeous bridges as you approach the Vancouver train station.

So you don't have anymore excuses not to join us :)

Read more: How to Book Train Travel from Seattle to Vancouver | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2022990_train-seattle-vancouver.html#ixzz1NHTp2wNi

DH and I will join the group.:D

Can't buy air tickets yet, but looks like price will be around $238 ea from Houston to Seattle...I like that price. But if anyone finds them cheaper, let me know.

I am interested, but I need to check with DH. We also have friends that have expressed an interest in an Alaska cruise. Sounds very good since Glacier Bay is included and we will have a weekend to explore a new city if we choose. Thanks for letting us know about this one and trying to get a group together.

Welcome everyone; we’re still waiting to hear back from Laura. I did receive an automated e-mail response saying she will respond to her e-mails in order she receives them.

Hopefully we can come up with enough, so if anyone is still lurking out there, come on and join us on this true Inside Passage cruise to Glacier Bay! :D

In case you haven’t seen it, there is a 2011 Alaska Cruise review thread going on and it’s with the Sprit out of Vancouver. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1411425

Bringing this back up to the top. Any news yet?

Not so good news, this just must have started.

Note: Carnival is no longer offering reduced deposits for groups.

SPECIAL NOTE: RCI, Celebrity and NCL *are* offering reduced deposits for groups -- considering starting a Member Cruise on one of those cruise lines!

If I don’t hear anything else back this week, I’m thinking of throwing in the towel. It’s going to be hard to get a group together without the reduced deposit. Either way, this is a great cruise with a great itinerary and we are doing this cruise.:D

As soon I as hear something Ill let everyone know.

Thanks

-Mark

Well folks I ‘m throwing in the towel, I never could get a response back other than the automated one that said

Note: Carnival is no longer offering reduced deposits for groups.

SPECIAL NOTE: RCI, Celebrity and NCL *are* offering reduced deposits for groups -- considering starting a Member Cruise on one of those cruise lines!

So with that I can’t wait any longer and will be either calling Carnival or my TA this weekend for our tickets. Please don’t let this stop you though; it’s still a great cruise with a great itinerary with it embarking in Vancouver. Thanks to all that responded and please come join us over at the roll call. :)

We just returned a few weeks ago from the Carnival Spirit and our cruise was fantastic! Great weather, great friends, food and service made this itinerary VERY worth while!

If you get the chance to go to Alaska - then go for it! You will NOT be disappointed!!:)

Archived