Sea leggs?

Kjsnbrd

:D Has anybody heard or experienced sea leggs- From what I hear you get the wobbles for the 24 hours following the cruise- Would love to be entertained with funny stories- or maybe even tips on how to calm the wobbles.;)

After three cruises this has only happend ot me once. I wasnt' sure what it was since it didn't happen on the first two cruises. I went to see the doctor since I had never heard of it or experienced it I only was wobblie a few days after our return home but hope it dosent happen again!!

For me it lasted about 3 weeks after my first cruise and it was really disturbing - the first couple of days, you understand, but as time wears on you start getting a little nervous it won't ever go away. We set sail again in a week - I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

When we returned from MY first cruise aboard the CONQUEST on Feb 27th, I literally HAD TO catch the newspaper that was falling off my lap as I sat in the airport in NO. It was pretty funny.:D

Next day felt it in the hotel bed..thought I was in the crack of bed on ship..too funny. Many from our group of 38 had so me type of problem getting our land-legs back......It took me 3 solid days.

I sailed with a co-worker last year, and let's just say I'm glad she knew what I was going through!! The two of us got some pretty strange looks at work when we had to right ourselves against the swaying up to a week after we arrived home!! I kind of enjoyed it; it reminded me of my vacation!

I just got off the Glory last Saturday. We then spent the day at Disney World, and while in lines, I could swear that we were moving up and down. After 3 cruises, this is the first time it has ever happened to me. It lasted for 2 days, and it certainly feels real!

DH and I both had the experience for about 2 days after our cruise. It wasn't really unpleasant, but I wasn't expecting it. I've had it happen on small boats, but since I had no problems while onboard Victory I didn't think it would happen after we disembarked. I didn't take any medication for it, and the feeling was gone soon. (Since it didn't really bother me, I sort of liked the feeling of still being at sea!:) )

Just got off the Conquest Sunday-my co workers were making fun of me for swaying in the office Monday. the bad thing was since I caught a cold last week, I was a little dizzy by the end of the day from the fluid building up in my head and the swaying! I tripped over my own feet coming around my desk and they all just laughed at me!

I got off the Celebration last week and when I got back to work I made the mistake of wearing heels, the patch (waited 24 hours before taking off), and having sea legs. My co-workers were highly entertained when I tried to sit down and missed my chair. I swear it rolled away . They also said that whenever I stood there talking to them I would sway back and forth... but I didn't notice that I doing that!

I HATE it when my chair magically rolls away from my butt!!!! I swear I barely felt any motion at all last week on the Conquest but I sure felt it Monday. Maybe I could tell a difference due to the absence of alcohol from my system :)

I was on the Valor in February. It was my first cruise and I learned *very* fast that although being at sea was a lot of fun, I needed to take gravol if I didn't want to be sick 24/7. I stopped taking gravol once I got home but I still had the sensation of being on a ship for the next 3 or 4 days. It even made me feel sick sometimes, such as when I stood up too quickly.

I HATE it when my chair magically rolls away from my butt!!!! I swear I barely felt any motion at all last week on the Conquest but I sure felt it Monday. Maybe I could tell a difference due to the absence of alcohol from my system :)

I think that was my problem also!!! I felt more motion after I took the patch off than I did the entire cruise. When I fell out of my chair the general concensus at work was that I was still drunk from the cruise and I didn't really have a valid arguement against that theory.

I also did not feel any ship motion on the COnquest until our last day at sea when we were on our way home......but once home the movement didnt end for 3 days!!!:eek:

I was on the Glory and we only experienced heavy seas one evening and into the next morning, but that didn't stop the "sea legs" feeling. As someone mentioned, it does look from the posts here that an aweful lot of peolple on Conquest class ships experience this???

I just got back from my fourth cruise and this is the first time I ever really noticed "Sea legs." I was all sorts of off balance for a good two days after we got to land. Nothing major happened, it was actually more amusing than anything. Pretty interesting how badly the body's equilibrium can be off though.

Getting dressed, looking in a mirror, walking around, and dont even attempt dancing were all pretty complicated tasks. My cousin who was on the ship with me was completely fine and got a kick out of my inbalance.

I'm mostly attributing it to the amount of bonine I took the last two days of our cruise. We hit some pretty rough waters the second to last night and out of fear I may have taken more bonine than my body was expecting. I think it lingered and confused my brain for a few days. :-)

Been home a full week now, unfortunately, but everything is fine and the sea legs do go away.

Can't wait to do it again!!!

-S

Archived