Travel Insurance

d4nigirl

Hi all! Quick question, has anyone heard of the travel insurance company "iTravelInsured"? Are they credible?

I usually use (and am currently enrolled) through Travel Guard for my RCI Alaska cruise. My parents are trying to figure out which company to use and iTravelInsurance is being offered for free through their TA for their Alaska cruise in August.

I always use TravelInsured, they have reduced rates for USAA members. I had to make a medical claim for x-rays and doctor visit on Adventure OTS and the claim was paid quickly, I think within about 10 days? No questions or challenges.

Last year I had to cancel a European river cruise a week before departure due to my Mother's illness. TI came through again, paid the claim with no problem, I think within a week. In fact, my travel agent and I tried to recoup some of my money from the travel company but TI said no worries, they would just go ahead and pay the claim.

Another thought, USAA is pretty picky about their business partners, so TI must be good!

I always recommend them when asked, and will continue to use them in the future.

Liz

Hi all! Quick question, has anyone heard of the travel insurance company "iTravelInsured"? Are they credible?

I usually use (and am currently enrolled) through Travel Guard for my RCI Alaska cruise. My parents are trying to figure out which company to use and iTravelInsurance is being offered for free through their TA for their Alaska cruise in August.

Yes, I've used them. I had to file a claim because my luggage was lost for 2 days and I had out of pocket expenses for things I needed to buy and they paid quickly.

Google them! They are one of the best travel insurance companies around.

There is a website that will put all travel insurance companies side by side, and give the payout schedule for each one. That can be googled as well.

Travel Insured has been rated amoungst the top for some time.

Rick

Archived