Carnival Platinum Cruiser sails on the Allure of the Seas - A review

Tapi,

I have read many posts by you on the boards and always love the picture of your dog upside down. But I have never seen any pictures of you and of course, when I saw the one of you and your husband, I thought to myself..."well, Tapi certainly doesn't look like I thought she would"...which sounds totally weird but I guess we all get pictures in our head and I always have your dog LOL!!!

Beautiful family and lovely shots. I know you are a regular Carnival cruiser and appreciate your balanced review of Allure. Your son is absolutely adorable...I remember that age well (and my boys are 13 and almost 9).

Thanks for the review.

[*]While the TV channel lineup seems to be better on the Allure, there were two channels that I truly missed during the entire week: The moving map, and the bridge cam. Since we had a Boardwalk View cabin, I felt a bit anxious not knowing where we were or what was going on outside. We did have a “From the bridge” channel, but it only showed the same videos over and over of the captain talking about the ship, not actual views.

That's odd - they must have deleted the bridge cam channel off the TV because we had it in December... and being in an inside room it was always on while getting ready to see if we needed the sunglasses or not ;)

I do agree that they should have the "where we are" map on the ships... basically all you ever knew was that you were ~somewhere in the caribbean~

That's odd - they must have deleted the bridge cam channel off the TV because we had it in December... and being in an inside room it was always on while getting ready to see if we needed the sunglasses or not~

I thought it was odd too, because I've had that channel on previous Royal Caribbean sailings as well.

They did have a "Bridge Cam Channel", but all they ever showed were recorded programs of Captain Zini (from the bridge) talking about the ship. Interesting shows though!

We did have a liiiiitle bit of an oceanview. If I got reeeeeally close to the glass on our window and looked to the side, I could see the ocean beyond the Aqua Theater. That was enough to keep me sane while in the cabin...:)

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

We laughed so hard at this picture!!! What a doll face!

Thanks for the fair review and the great pictures!

Thanks! :)

I got our son's face painted without my wife knowing. She melted when she saw him.

OMG!! Your son is adorable!! Love that photo!

Enjoyed your review; I missed having the nautical map on the TV, too. Hope it comes back. But we loved the Allure and plan to sail on Oasis in the spring (which should make us Diamond).

Then we want to try Carnival. :)

It was a pleasure to read your review and your son is adorable.

Having been on Carnival, Royal, and Holland America, I think your comparison of Carnival and Royal is honest and hits the differences on the nail. As for Holland America - well I wouldn't expect much night life at all. We love our HAL cruises but we select them every few years as a total wind down cruise and even us old folks don't think we could handle them for a longer cruise. But an Alaska cruise is more port intensive and night life may not be as important. The buffet hours are more restrictive than the other 2 lines. They are beautiful ships and the service is pretty good and friendly. For the speciality resturant, HAL is in between Carnival and Royal.

And there is no basket in the bathrooms. Enjoy Alaska.

We are forking the bucks this summer to be on the Freedom. The Carnival magic is comning to Texas and we live in Texas, so if Freddom goes well, we might venture to the Magic next. It looks like the Magic is not much cheaper than Freedom. No airfare though.

Archived