Off the Pride on Sunday, a few notes

bunchesofun

Just returned on the Pride on Sunday morning. I had just a couple of thoughts I wanted to mention.

Camp Carnival/Circle C Club/Arcade. Camp Carnival is easy to find. Forward on deck 5. Very straightforward. However trying to find Circle C and the arcade we went crazy trying. Are listed as being on deck 4. HOWEVER you can not get to them from deck 4! You have to either go to deck 5 and walk down the stairs, or deck 3 and walk up the stairs forward. We finally had to stop and ask a cabin steward how to find them as we simply could not.

I see someone has already mentioned the "love bugs" at Canaveral. They were horrendous.

Shuttle from Canaveral port to Walmart also goes to the beach and a block from Ron Jon's. We just went where all the shuttles were and asked someone if theirs went there.

Did the Dolphin encounter in Freeport. This is all you have time to do. Leave early in the morning and come back just at 1:30 when you need to be back on board. However was a wonderful excusion.

Did a Sea Lion encounter independently in Nassau with "Dolphin Encounters". It was the highlight of our trip. Did you know when you hug a sea lion, they hug you back?? Had time to shop at the Straw Market pre-excursion, and went to "Conch Fritters" afterwards. By the way there is a free shuttle from the pier into town. We didn't know that at the time, but found out about the shuttle on the way back to the ship. The attendant made me sit down and rest and when the shuttle came, and people were rushing to get on, he stopped them saying that we had been waiting the longest and wouldn't let the others board until we had boarded. He got a big tip from me for that!

Gave our 11 year old daughter the ability to sign herself out of Camp Carnival. Only allowed to do so to go on the scavenger hunts. However, because she could sign herself out, we were able to have her 16 year old brother take her and pick her up. Otherwise they require someone 18 or older to sign the children out. Technically he just accompanied her, she signed herself out.

O2 club was a bust for 16 yo son, except he met all the kids on the LAST night of the trip and then stayed out till 2:30 hanging out with them. But I guess when you cruise when school is in that is the risk that you take.

DS couldn't wait to sign on to Facebook and upload a bunch of photos from the trip. They both had a blast.

They were running about a little over 1/2 hour early with disembarking. We were in Zone 1 and were able to catch a 10:45 shuttle bus to the hotel to pick up the car. This was important to us as we found a church with 12 noon Mass to attend. Of course because we disembarked early there were some people scheduled for the later shuttle to who showed up and as a result my son and daughter had to kneel on the floor of the shuttle as there were not enough seats to go around.

Immigration and customs were a breeze. Officials just glanced at our passports, and then we claimed our bags and walked out of the hall. No inspections.

Room Steward introduced himself the first day and after he gave me my excursion tickets, that was the last time I saw him. Next to the last day I received some documents including the invitation to the steak house (we went the second night) and invitation for the kid's party till 3:30 am, held days earlier. He didn't seem to be on the ball so to speak. Can't remember his name.

Had cabin number 6279 and loved it. It was perfect for four people. Enough room to move around in. Near the elevators but no elevator noise, nor noise of people returning in the elevators. Close (aft) to the dining room and the lido deck, a distance to the Camp Carnival, Taj Mahal and other entertainment venues. But all in all we would take that cabin again in a heartbeat.

We had a lovely trip and the kids are already saying "On our next cruise...." but I had to tell them that unless we win the lottery that is going to be a long time in coming. Sadly.

If camp for the younger ones is anything like for my 11 year old, they will have a blast. The staff were nice and they had lots of activities for them to do. Our daughter wanted to stay and eat with them every night instead of eating with us, she was so afraid she'd miss something.

I just keep adding thoughts as they occur to me.

Your Time Dining worked out very well for us. The first night we had to wait about 10-15 minutes, but the rest of the week we were seated immediately, no waiting. We dined at different times each day depending on our schedule. Had the same wait staff a couple of days in a row. Had a private table for four. Ate one night in David's steak house and my husband said his filet mignon melted in his mouth.

We went on the Pride over Spring Break and I have a 17 year old boy. He also said that O2 wasn't that great. He had been on the ship last summer and the coordinator was wonderful...they have changed them out and this one was disappointing. I am sure that assignment will change again and the next person will be better.

Archived