Time Zones

Claretboy

This may seem like a strange query, but I’m sure somebody will be able to help. We are going on a Baltic cruise on the Azura, at the start of June and we were wondering if the ship will change the onboard time when the ship sails through the different time zones in the Baltic or does the ship keep to British time, throughout the cruise?

Ship's time will change: you'll be notified in the daily notice. You might do the first day or so on UK time, then change, and so on.

P&O, like other lines, try to keep the time changes to a minimum.

Dont know how many time zones yo will be going through but as you will be travelling east the times zones will be forward of the UK , the ships clocks on P&O go forward at 12 noon on way out and go back at 2am on way back.

Dave

There will be a notice in the ships paper, plus a card left on your bed when its made up in the evening.

You will obviously have to change for different times zones...or you may miss the boat if you keep your watch etc at a different time to where you are!

Dont know how many time zones yo will be going through but as you will be travelling east the times zones will be forward of the UK , the ships clocks on P&O go forward at 12 noon on way out and go back at 2am on way back.

Dave

Weve never changed time at noon on our three P&O cruises. Its always been at 2am whether it was going forward or back.

Take care though if you set an automated wake up call the morning after a time change. I was in the shower at 5.00am one morning before I realised that our alarm had gone off an hour early, I 'd set it for 6.00am :(

Archived