Our Cruise on Snake in the Grass,ah, Splendor in the Grass, no, Splendour of the Seas

As an experienced and knowledgeable international traveler I like to be able to pass on the information I gather from my travels. Should you be in Mykonos again the WalMart, as I recall, is just across the street from the Home Depot.;)

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Are you sure? I thought it was across from Long John Slivers.;)

Are you sure? I thought it was across from Long John Slivers.;)

Actualy, I think you are right. I was a little confused. The Home Depot is across from Taco Bell. Thanks for the correction!:)

what wonderful review. It has made my day. I am still smiling.

Always glad to bring out a smile.:)

It is always such a pleasure to read about the travels of Sailor Jack and Sailor Jill. So glad I happened upon this one. However, enquiring minds want to know --

1. When and where is Sailor Jack performing his stand-up comedy routine? and/or

2. When is Sailor Jack's book of travel reminiscences being published?

Until one or both of these events occur, we hope you keep sailing and posting about it here on CC!:D

PS....that is not an unintentional spelling error:p

I saw the spelling error, wondered if it was deliberate but decided it was over my head. I believe Long John Silver's is a US fish & chip shop. More than that and where the "slivers" fits in I do not know.

It is always such a pleasure to read about the travels of Sailor Jack and Sailor Jill. So glad I happened upon this one. However, enquiring minds want to know --

1. When and where is Sailor Jack performing his stand-up comedy routine? and/or

2. When is Sailor Jack's book of travel reminiscences being published?

Until one or both of these events occur, we hope you keep sailing and posting about it here on CC!:D

Glad you enjoy my missives. Our next trip is in May on the Viking Emerald - a Yangtze River cruise. While we have not yet booked it (will probably do so next week) our next cruise will be in September on HAL's Oosterdam - Seatle to Sydney. No review planned for the Viking cruise but hope to write one for the Oosterdam if enough happens to provide something write about.

No book!:)

I saw the spelling error, wondered if it was deliberate but decided it was over my head. I believe Long John Silver's is a US fish & chip shop. More than that and where the "slivers" fits in I do not know.

Like you, I assumed it was a typo. This one is over my head also, I am sorry to admit.

Truffles???

Edited by SailorJack

• 1 month later...

Sailor Jack

This is the first of yours that I have read but it won't be the last. We have not yet visited the med but when we retrace your steps I will have your review with me for reference. Thanks so much for the entertaining evening :)

I would love to read what you think about your Viking River cruise! But will look forward to whatever you do next.

We are really looking forward to exploring China on our Viking cruise, but I won't be writing a review of it. I have commited to posting some comments about the trip on the River Roll Call, but no formal review.

Next cruise that I will probably review will be on HAL's Oosterdam this October followed by a trip to the Antarctic on Celebrity's Infinity in February.

Hey SailorJack! Can't wait to read your next review! Enjoy your next trip! Be safe!

Thanks! As I mentioned above, you will need to visit the HAL board sometime in late October. We are taking a 23 day trip from Seattle to Sydney, so hopefully there will be enough happening to write up in a review.

Jack

Sailor Jack

This is the first of yours that I have read but it won't be the last. We have not yet visited the med but when we retrace your steps I will have your review with me for reference. Thanks so much for the entertaining evening :)

Glad you enjoyed it. The Med cruise offers a lot to see..hope you make it soon!:)

Another classic from Sailor Jack.:)

I don't know about a classic, but I hope you found it amusing, Klingon;)

Oh how I love your reviews. As it so happens, this itinerary is the one we have our sights on next. Thank you so much Sailor Jack! As usual your review had me grinning the whole time.

Seriously, all your reviews could be published as a collection of memoirs. They are priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh how I love your reviews. As it so happens, this itinerary is the one we have our sights on next. Thank you so much Sailor Jack! As usual your review had me grinning the whole time.

Seriously, all your reviews could be published as a collection of memoirs. They are priceless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your comments!:) It is a great itinerary and I hope you get to take it soon.

As for the collection, another CC poster has collected my reviews and published them in an e-format so that people with e-readers can download them. I haven't heard from him lately so I don't know if the last couple of reviews were added to his compilation.

Thanks for your comments!:) It is a great itinerary and I hope you get to take it soon.

As for the collection, another CC poster has collected my reviews and published them in an e-format so that people with e-readers can download them. I haven't heard from him lately so I don't know if the last couple of reviews were added to his compilation.

I'd love to be able to download your reviews. Do you have a link to where I can find them in ereader format?

sailor Jack, having read and enjoyed all your reviews, i am left to wonder when you will try sailing on Carnival. that would make for a most entertaining review :rolleyes:

Edited by boo214

I'd love to be able to download your reviews. Do you have a link to where I can find them in ereader format?

Unfortuately, I do not have a link and I mind has gone blank on his screen name. I will try to look up some old reviews and see if I can find it. I know he posted on at least one of my earlier ones. I will let you know as soon as I find it.

Jack

sailor Jack, having read and enjoyed all your reviews, i am left to wonder when you will try sailing on Carnival. that would make for a most entertaining review :rolleyes:

Actually, we have sailed on Carnival, but it was before I started writing reviews. I am not committed to any one cruise line so it is entirely possible that we will sail on Carnival again.

Edited by SailorJack

I am not committed to any one cruise line so it is entirely possible that we will sail on Carnival again.

Please try Regent Seven Seas Voyager or Mariner (NO charges for alcohol, excursions or tips, remember)

Please try Regent Seven Seas Voyager or Mariner (NO charges for alcohol, excursions or tips, remember)

I would LOVE to sail on Regent! Actually, I am already working on a financial plan and a budget to accomplish that. My plan involves our local community bank and a note that says, "place all your nonsequential $50 and $100 bills in this bag -and NO die pack!

I would LOVE to sail on Regent! Actually, I am already working on a financial plan and a budget to accomplish that. My plan involves our local community bank and a note that says, "place all your nonsequential $50 and $100 bills in this bag -and NO die pack!

:):) Remember though. No bills at the end. No nickel & diming. No pushing for tips. No arguing over tabs at the bar. And as a minimum, a good size suite with balcony to jump off if your money worries get too much.

Mickeysgal, I finally found the link. The poster's screen name is "groo" and the link is http://www.triplelake.net/darry/sailorjack.epub (without the underscoring, I think).

I haven't tried it as I don't have an e-reader, so I hope it works for you.

Edited by SailorJack