Turn Around

7Flags

I watched Ecstasy "Turn Around" yesterday in Galveston in less than 8 hours on the Galveston.com Web Cam. I know there is still a lot to do after the Hatches close but the planning, coordination, and execution is pretty amazing, and Ecstasy is a "small" ship.

Maybe some of you who know something about it could educate those of us who don't.

We are sailing on her in 26 days!

Richard

I watched Ecstasy "Turn Around" yesterday in Galveston in less than 8 hours on the Galveston.com Web Cam. I know there is still a lot to do after the Hatches close but the planning, coordination, and execution is pretty amazing, and Ecstasy is a "small" ship.

Maybe some of you who know something about it could educate those of us who don't.

We are sailing on her in 26 days!

Richard

It really is an amazing process. They have to off load and load about 3000 pieces of luggage, for one. Consider that a typical airliner carries less than 300 pieces of luggage!

The cabin staff must clean nearly 300,000 sq ft of carpet, strip and make over 2000 beds and eliminate around 8 tons of trash left behind in the cabins.

A cruise ship burns a gallon of fuel to travel about 60 feet so the amount of diesel loaded on board is incredible.

In addition to that, they have to load food... on a typical five day cruise expect the passengers to go through about 1500 pounds of prime rib, 8000 pounds of chicken, 600 pounds of lobster, 2500 pounds of shrimp, 5000 hot dogs, 7000 hamburgers and somewhere around 50000 eggs. Of course, there much more to the food stores than that!!

I have always been stunned by the speed and efficiency of these turn arounds. Folks work their collective tails off to get you out to sea!!

:)

When you sail....

Do the Behind the Fun tour!

They will show you a good part of that.

Well worth the time and money but sign up early. It is usually on last sea day morning. BUT it fills fast.

Is this tour available on all cruises and how do you find out about it?

Is this tour available on all cruises and how do you find out about it?

Yep... sure is. As was mentioned, it fills up fast. Once on board go directly to the Excursion Desk in the Lobby and book it. It's typically the last day of the cruise.

:)

Archived