Anyone take the Art Tour excursion?

Ktwofish

That tour looks interesting and seems like not a bad price.

I know that Joyce Prince offers an Art Tour, but you would probably have to have 6 people or so to make it cost effective.

From her website:

On a completely different approach, I also have a list of Art Galleries and Exhibitions that we could attend around the island. That would, of course, be an entirely separate decision for a tour. Not many options for beach time with this choice.

gary

I did this excursion about 5 years ago with my mom, a retired art teacher on a Princess cruise. I don't think Princess offers it any more. We liked it. We we're on a smaller bus with a wonderful driver as well as a really informative guide. So you get a bit of an island tour at the same time. We made 4 stops if I remember correctly. The artist I remember most was Francis ECK. Loved his work. :)

I didn't feel a sales pitch very strongly. There is an opportunity to purchase art, but I don't recall feeling any pressure. It doesn't come close to walking past the jewelry stores in St. Thomas. Now that's obnoxious. It's nothing like that:).

Archived