Returning to Celebrity and have a few questions

misha1

Hello fellow Celebrity lovers...it has been a few years since our last Celebrity cruise and I am happy to report how excited we are to return next fall for our second Alaskan sailing. I have a couple of general questions...what is offered in the Elite Lounge? i.e. Times of availability, beverages, food? We have enjoyed the Diamond Lounge on RCCL but have not had the opportunity to use Celebrity's version ( they did not have one when we sailed last). We will be trying the My Time dining on this cruise. We very much enjoyed NCLs anytime dining. Can we walk in without reservations and expect little or no wait time, or should we try to make a reservation each nite? Can we do a walk off with our luggage at the end of the cruise? Thanks for your time...September 2012 is soooooo far away, and will be here in a blink of an eye!

HH runs 1700-1900. Offerings are beer, wine, basic well drinks, a few martinis, hot and cold snacks, visits from various officers. Smart casual dress code, enforced, sea passes checked at door.

Continental breakfast from 0800-1000. cold cuts, cheese, fat pills, special coffees, smoothies, fresh squeezed orange juice, Bloody Marys, mimosa, champaign, ect.

Select Dining - you can walk up and take your chances. Best to reserve.

You may walk your cases off when debarking. ~ Ric

Hello fellow Celebrity lovers...it has been a few years since our last Celebrity cruise and I am happy to report how excited we are to return next fall for our second Alaskan sailing. !

Welcome back. :)

You can walk off with your luggage, as Ric said, but you have to disembark early. We walked off the ship a couple of cruises ago because we had an early flight. I liked not having to put your luggage out in the hall the night before, since I struggle to keep my checked bag under 50 pounds and seem to take forever distributing my items between suitcases.

We chose Select Dining on our last cruise and never had to wait for a table. We had the option of a table for 2, or joining a larger table. We usually ate around 7-7:30pm.

If you have a larger group, you might want to make reservations. One night, we had a table for 8 (we all met on the cruise) and they had no issues making a reservation for us. One of our party just went to the Select Dining hostess earlier in the day and made the reservation. Our table was ready and waiting for us that evening.

We never had donuts :O(

They had little bagels that looked like donuts. It was in 'Michaels' lounge in the mornings. Very nice atmosphere. Had a bellini in there every morning. That is a champagne drink.

The afternoon one started at 5pm & was in the Costellation lounge upstairs.

They never checked ID's. Guess because that area was open to anyone. They had a sign that said 'private party' off to the area where we sat.

The service for drinks there was great. The snacks were fabulous. They constantly came by with trays of cold then hot snacks.

Also, they had a better 'every day' dinner menu than any ship I have been on.

That included things like shrimp cocktail, french onion soup, lobster bisque, creme brulee,etc.

In the buffet in the morning they had a custom eggs benedict station that was incredible.

oink,oink.....

HH runs 1700-1900. Offerings are beer, wine, basic well drinks, a few martinis, hot and cold snacks, visits from various officers. Smart casual dress code, enforced, sea passes checked at door.

Continental breakfast from 0800-1000. cold cuts, cheese, fat pills, special coffees, smoothies, fresh squeezed orange juice, Bloody Marys, mimosa, champaign, ect.

Select Dining - you can walk up and take your chances. Best to reserve.

fat pills? That has to be code for something interesting

Archived