Skagway Excursions Question

NYOB

We are cruising to Alaska July 5-12 on Carnival Spirit and are interested in doing the 2.5 hour bus tour to White Pass with either Frontier Excursions or Klondike Tours while in Skagway. We would like to wait until we actually arrive and try to just get on one of the tours then because some in our group don't want to book in advance in case they change their mind and the fees are not refundable. Has anyone been able to get on one of the tours with either of these companies without booking in advance? If you have any other information about Frontier Excursions or Klondike Tours, please share. Thank you in advance.

I know nothing specific with them but you run the risk of sell outs if you don't pre-book. There will probably be multiple ships in port and there is only so much to do in each port and so many tour providers. Skagway is a tiny town.

I would suggest the people who are sure, go ahead and book. Those that are unsure, they can take their chances. That is how I do it when we cruise with a group.

If you book through Carnival and want to switch to a different tour, they allowed it on board on our cruises.

Jen in SoCal

We are cruising to Alaska July 5-12 on Carnival Spirit and are interested in doing the 2.5 hour bus tour to White Pass with either Frontier Excursions or Klondike Tours while in Skagway. We would like to wait until we actually arrive and try to just get on one of the tours then because some in our group don't want to book in advance in case they change their mind and the fees are not refundable. Has anyone been able to get on one of the tours with either of these companies without booking in advance? If you have any other information about Frontier Excursions or Klondike Tours, please share. Thank you in advance.

Just came back from European cruise. I booked 3 tours one month prior to departure, for Israel and Turkey. No payment in advance. When we arrived in each port, the guide was waiting for us. No problem at all.

Should you decide to cancel prior to cruise, it would be only fair to advise them. ;)

i am also cruising the carnival spirit july 5th - 12th. The day we are in Skagway there is one other ship in port (disney) Just thought i'd share that info in case it helps you decide what you want to do. Ketchikan in the one place you definatly want to make sure you pree book a tour because there are 4 other ships in port besides us.

Hi,

Last week, we have made a Yukon tour with Frontier and liked it very much.We have seen 2 bears along the road,

and we made several foto stops .

We prebooked ,but other couples just booked in Skagway at their office.

Archived