Sprit Extended Balcony

menmoo

Is is worth it to get the extended balcony over the regular one. We are looking at the aft extended on the spirit. How much bigger is it?

The balcony was a bit bigger. Enough to hold two loungers. The cabin was the same size. The location was a pain in the butt. Far walk to everything. It's not a great idea if you plan to put your kids in camp because the camp is at the opposite end of the ship.

The balcony is very deep. And as someone else said, being in the rear can be a pain in the rear because it's a long walk to everything, but I use that as part of my exercise program.

The one thing you should know is there is a shudder in the back that disturbs some people, and it's pretty constant when the ship is sailing. I don't mind it but some do.

This is an aft extended balcony- I cant imagine 1 lounge chair out there let alone 2 of them (unless you are talking about the wrap around which is a suite)

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

Now if looking for a premium balcony without paying a suite price:

THIS is an extended balcony

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

6232 holds 4 people

7258 holds 2

8232 holds 2

One of these cost me 200 more pp

This is an aft extended balcony- I cant imagine 1 lounge chair out there let alone 2 of them (unless you are talking about the wrap around which is a suite)

283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

Now if looking for a premium balcony without paying a suite price:

THIS is an extended balcony

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

6232 holds 4 people

7258 holds 2

8232 holds 2

One of these cost me 200 more pp

Those are what we affectionately call the "bowling alley balconies";) Just a word about 8232 which we just had on the Miracle last week. It was very noisy!!! We had a regular extended balcony on deck 8 on the Legend and had no issues with noise, so I felt safe about this one. WRONG! You hear every woman with heels walking across the tile floor above...kids running....carts rolling. Drove us a little nuts. There is also a big overhang that really makes you feel more closed in than the ones below. We loved 7258 last year...8232 not so much. But we did have 2 lounges, 4 chairs and 2 tables, which was nice.

We had 8181. Extended balcony. 2 chairs, 1 lounge chair and a small table. Wonderful to relax on. Lots of noise above late night and early morning. Great location for convinience. Ice cream machine is up one flight and out the door. My son loved it and the noise didnt bother him at all.

And NO shade, if that is important to you! It can be so hot out there, and your room gets hot too! Have to pull the curtains to keep the room cool, and then no view!!! However, with that being said, it is quite the view and some people LOVE them!!!

Extended balconies are different from aft balconies I think. We had an extended balcony port side before and loved it. On 8th floor did not hear any noise and was easy to get to the lido deck up the stairs. We now have an ocean suite on the spirit in Aug next to the Vista Suite. Maybe we will find it to be noisy.

Archived