First time RCL - Avice please

We have the chance to sail on Splendour of the seas in July on the Greek trip out of Venice. The price is good, but I will have to convince my husband and son.

My son is 15 and a couple of reviewers that I have read say that their 15 year olds were bored on this ship. Are there usually other children of his age on the cruise?

We have only ever travelled Cunard before and I know that RCL is less formal. That won't bother me too much, but is there a huge gulf?

Other reports say that the ship is 15 years old and therefore a little tired. Has anyone sailed on her recently and could they provide further insight.

Many thanks

Did this cruise a few years back, and LOVED it. But,I admit, I love all cruises! I have no idea about kids onboard, or if your son will like it. I did the cruise for the ports rather than for the ship. To be honest, I dont even remember the ship! It was a wonderful cruise with awesome ports. We really enjoyed it and want to return. I do know teenage boys though...or some..you can NEVER tell what they think or if they will like something. I would not even try!! :D

Our first cruise was with our youngest son (16 at the time) sharing an outside cabin on Legend of the Seas in Europe (we visited Barcelona, Florence, and other European stops). Our son had a wonderful time - he said that everyone he met on the first evening ditched the teenage club and did their own thing and that he met the best group of friends ever (but it was important to go along on the first night). He enjoyed eating when he wanted and we only met him for dinner. Hard to believe he was in the same cabin. He often talks about the superb time that he had on that holiday - and it was very special. Enjoy.

Archived