Free audiobook of interest to Alaskan cruisers

AVATC

Greetings, all! I'm an 11-time cruiser -- with #12 planned this fall. Whenever I travel, I take plenty of books and audiobooks for the journey. I especially enjoy books related to my destination.

I'm also a professional voiceover actor who specializes in narrating audiobooks. Since others here probably would like books about Alaska during your cruise, I thought you all might like to know about a 10.5-hour audiobook titled "A Woman Who Went to Alaska" that I narrated as a service project and which is available for FREE download at the link below.

http://librivox.org/a-woman-who-went-to-alaska-by-may-kellogg-sullivan/

Before I continue, let me point out that LibriVox.org is run entirely on a volunteer basis to create audiobooks from books in the public domain. No one will benefit monetarily in any way from this post.

May Kellogg Sullivan wrote the book in 1902 after 2 trips to Alaska in the gold rush. Once you hear her account of the hardships she faced on her trips, you'll be glad to be cruising to Alaska in this millennium!

The

runs 1:21 and includes many of Sullivan's original black and white photos. I also used some pictures from my Alaskan cruise! :)

I hope you enjoy the audiobook as much as I did in creating it.

Archived