Dream and Kids

khart123

Hi Everyone,

I have been on this site a good bit looking and reading reviews for the Carnival Dream and the family and I have decided to take sign up for the Dream for the July 9th week. We will be sailing on the Western trip to Mexico. I have two younger children (7 girl and 11 boy) and wanted to ask for a suggestion. When we went on a Carnival Cruise last time we were able to go to the “private” island on the Bahamas trip. The kids loved it and I wanted to get suggestions on which stop has a great beach excursion that I can sign up for with the kids that has that same kind of feel. One that is not too far from the boat, a good time and without a lot of hassle. Also if you have kids the same ages what other excursions did you take that they would like? Thanks again for the help everyone and have a great day.

Well I can't really say about the beaches cause we haven't went yet... check out that count down clock!!! :D I can say that for Belize ( which it is highly recommended that you book an excursion) that we are doing the raiders of the lost mayan cave through carnival. We have two boys and think they will have a blast... it has a little bit of zip lining and repelling... that might be something your kids would enjoy...:rolleyes:

Hi Everyone,

I have been on this site a good bit looking and reading reviews for the Carnival Dream and the family and I have decided to take sign up for the Dream for the July 9th week. We will be sailing on the Western trip to Mexico. I have two younger children (7 girl and 11 boy) and wanted to ask for a suggestion. When we went on a Carnival Cruise last time we were able to go to the “private” island on the Bahamas trip. The kids loved it and I wanted to get suggestions on which stop has a great beach excursion that I can sign up for with the kids that has that same kind of feel. One that is not too far from the boat, a good time and without a lot of hassle. Also if you have kids the same ages what other excursions did you take that they would like? Thanks again for the help everyone and have a great day.

Go to the ports boards that you'll be sailin to, Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya. Lots of threads on beaches and children. None of the ports are "private islands" in the same sense as you have seen in the Eastern cruises. On Roatan, Carnival docks at Mahogany Bay. There is a "private beach" at the complex that is a 5 minute walk from the ship. It's "free" but food and water toys are extra. There are mucho better beaches on Roatan, but these require an excursion or cab to get to and are not close by. In Cozumel, both Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos beaches have watertoys that attract children in your kids age brackets. Botha t a short taxi ride from the pier and have different packages to accomodate your needs. In Costa Maya, you're a short taxi/bus ride from the malecon, a "boardwalk" along the beach that has several beach clubs with loungers, food, massages, some watertoys, etc. You don't particularly need any reservations unless the port has more than 1 ship docking. Costa Maya board is full of info. And for Belize, mustardgirl, has it right. You need an excursion, something besides a beach.

Enjoy planning your cruise.

Hi Everyone,

We were on the Dream Last April 2010 Same Islands as well(check out my report in sig) and we had a blast.. Our girls who were 6 and 9 at the time loved Swimming with the Dolphins in Cozumel, in Belize we did a Catamaran and Snorkel excursion which they loved ( we did too!) Costa maya we did a relaxing day at the beach , (uvero) which was gorgeous! Roatan we did a monkey and pirate Excursion which stunk, but we did get to spend time at the Mahogany Bay beach....which is Gorgeous, in all honesty we could have spent the day there!

All great stops, in fact we're torn between the Dream again next year or the Magic...Our girls had so much fun, did'nt do the Camp Carnival (to busy on the waterslides..LOl) but now their planning for next year!

Archived