Need advice from an experienced cruiser!

Hello Board

My wife and I are going to go on our first Voyager Class ship, the explorer. We have been on 5 other smaller ship so know what to expect..Well kind of. Since we've booked this cruise some good friends or ours want to go on a cruise..And I thought it would be fun to go on another Voyager class with them however we will not be going untill 2006. We would like to go to the carribean however we don't want to pay like we are paying to go in July. When is a reasonable time to travel where the weather is good enough to go swimming but not rediculous in price like we are paying for in July? And advice would be greatly apprecaited. Also if you have any advice on which ship to go on and which port we should travel out of keeping in my mind we will be flying from LAX.

Thanks for any help you may have!

Jason

Explorer July 2005

Since you are requesting a Voyager experience, that means the east coast so I won't go into any other cruises. Late November, early December is a great time to cruise and one of the cheapest. You are past hurricane season so that worry is almost nil and the weather in the Caribbean is wonderful...plenty warm to do tropical things. I would check prices for this time frame...you will easily see the difference for the high season!

April is my favorite month,so far,to cruise,and the weather is usually terrific. However,it is not a cheap time to travel. It is Spring Break all over the states,somewhere,during March and April. I agree,the month between Thanksgiving and Xmas seem to be the best price wise. You're going to LOVE the Voyager class ships tho.

A great time when the fares are fairly low are the 3 weeks between Thanksgiving week and Christmas week. The weather is ALWAYS warm enough in the Caribbean to swim, and those 3 weeks are normally VERY nice!

Nov-early Dec. a great time...prices good and the water is warm (compared to early Spring with comparable rates). Have never had bad weather in November cruising. Have fun.

Archived