Carnival Magic Sept 16, 2011

skidawg71

Hey, great you'll be onboard. Oh and Thank you for letting me know about my original roll call posting having a date of 2001. Oops!

Looking forward to the med cruise. Looks like the ship is pretty full already. I was kinda hoping for a good price reduction like the sailings in August. Wow, are they cheap :)

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, great you'll be onboard. Oh and Thank you for letting me know about my original roll call posting having a date of 2001. Oops!

Looking forward to the med cruise. Looks like the ship is pretty full already. I was kinda hoping for a good price reduction like the sailings in August. Wow, are they cheap :)

I agree, was truly thinking the same thing. But the price for our category has increased about $400-$500. When will you guys be getting into Barcelona?

• 1 month later...

We're on this sailing as well, first cruise and first time in Europe. Hoping to find people to share tours with in Italy. Haven't found many people posting anywhere but maybe I haven't looked in the right places.:confused:

We're on this sailing as well, first cruise and first time in Europe. Hoping to find people to share tours with in Italy. Haven't found many people posting anywhere but maybe I haven't looked in the right places.:confused:

Great. So far, the only thing we've set up is a wine day in Provence while docked at Marseille. I wanted to get a private car for Naples to Pompai and the Amalfi coast but had a hard time justifying the expense for the two of us.

Where do you live? Looks as though you are new on the message boards??

I agree, was truly thinking the same thing. But the price for our category has increased about $400-$500. When will you guys be getting into Barcelona?

Sorry for the delay in responding. I haven't logged into CC in a while.

We're actually pushing it pretty close. I've never done this before but we are arriving that morning. It's a bit scary, but we are scheduled to arrive at 8:30 that morning. Usually we always arrive at least a day before, but could make it work out this go around. Instead, we are staying in Barcelon a few days after the cruise.

We live in Minnesota, we're getting to Barcelona a couple days early and staying at the Tryp Apolo. Looks like it's in a good spot to do some sight seeing. Yes, I just got on here, never cruised before and was slow to realize where resources were. A real newbie

We live in Minnesota, we're getting to Barcelona a couple days early and staying at the Tryp Apolo. Looks like it's in a good spot to do some sight seeing. Yes, I just got on here, never cruised before and was slow to realize where resources were. A real newbie

Hi Dramla,

Nice to meet you and welcome aboard as well. We are located in Maryland a suburb east of Washington, DC.

We arrive in Barcelona the day prior to sailing. We found a private driver and were looking for some others to share a private car in Livorno. In Rome, we'll figure it out. We've done many cruises and find it easier to kind of wing some of it.

Skidawg 71, I was getting a little concerned I hadn't heard from you :-)

Hi Dramla,

Nice to meet you and welcome aboard as well. We are located in Maryland a suburb east of Washington, DC.

We arrive in Barcelona the day prior to sailing. We found a private driver and were looking for some others to share a private car in Livorno. In Rome, we'll figure it out. We've done many cruises and find it easier to kind of wing some of it.

Skidawg 71, I was getting a little concerned I hadn't heard from you :-)

LOL... I know, it's been a while :)

Were you taking your private car to Florence, along the coast, or the wine country??

We weren't sure what to do in Livorno. We've been to Pisa. I find it's actually a good place to avoid. Very touristy, nothing to see besides the leaning tower and church, imho.

We were hoping on renting a car ourselves since we know the area pretty well, but unfortunately all the car rental agencies seem to be closed on Sundays. Hmmm.. Let me know the details of your tour. We'd possibly be interested in helping to split the expense with who ever goes :) Finding similar interests also helps.

Also, have you rented a car in Naples? That's a place we were thinking about having something lined up too.

Best,

Nate

We have a friend in Tuscany that gives wonderful cooking classes. Us and 5 other guys spent the day with her last year and it was incredible. She usually gives tours to Farms and wineries on the weekends. I've reached out to her to see if she'd be interested in taking us if we can muster a group together. If anyone is interested, let me know. It will probably be in Lucca which is only a one hour ten minute train from Livorno.

To give you an idea of what she does, here's her link.....

http://www.eccolacucina.com

My apologies, I meant to say we have a private driver for Rome, not Livorno. Rome is one place I have never visited so, I kinda wanted to do the touristy thing there; The coloseeum, Roman Forum, The Palentin Hill, The Vatican museum, all that stuff. He's charging us about 600 (euro) for up to 7 passengers and that would include all day stopping, going, etc. Any thoughts?

Hey, just noticed you were on the Eurodam a few months before us. Glad you enjoyed it. We LOVED that ship. We had what was probably the best cruise of our lives.

Yes, we totally loved the Eurodam as well, very different experience. We were actually booked on the Westerdam for this September, but when we saw the European cruise on Carnival and the itinerary, we jumped ship, :) Figuratively.

Yeah, actually, I'd be happy to talk to you more about this. We don't have any plans in Rome yet and were just going to take the train and "wing" it. However, a driver sounds very nice :) You should find the link to my email address on my profile.

Nate

Yeah, actually, I'd be happy to talk to you more about this. We don't have any plans in Rome yet and were just going to take the train and "wing" it. However, a driver sounds very nice :) You should find the link to my email address on my profile.

Nate

That's awesome Nate. I am going to email you personally.

My husband and I are going on this cruise! We are flying from NY to Barcelona.

Looking forward to seeing meeting folks on the ship and before! :)

Diane (29) and Jesse (31) :D

Never been to Europe and can't WAIT!

I was told about the cruisecritic.

Hello!

We are also booked on the cruise from Barcelona on sept 16. We are coming in a day early from boston and hope to see a few sights and have some night time fun before boarding the ship the next day. Looking into booking shore excursions now. Heard something about an itinerary change because of a strike in italy so im having my travel agent check into it now.

Hello Diane and varinc. It's amazing how close we are getting to the sailing.

I'm turning 40 on this trip. Actually when were in Palma. Looking forward to celebrating mid-life on a ship in the Med!

here's my email if anyone want to chat about the itinerary, ship or ports. nate.watson@yahoo.com

Cheers!

Nate

Archived