Luggage allowance

Hibiscus13

Could someone please post a link or point me in the right direction to find what the baggage allowance is for the inter-island transfers between Papeete and Bora Bora? I don't know who the carrier is for our flight (booked post-cruise stay with PG).

I know the allowances are strict but we are travelling for 9 weeks total and I need to know exactly what the limits are! Thank you!

Air Tahiti (Not Nui) seems to be the main inter-island carrier, that's who we are booked with (to BB). Their standard fare is for 20kg (44 lb) but intercontinental carriers are typically 25kg (55 lb) so there is a gap. They offer fairly cheap excess baggage payable at the airport, or they also have a fare including 50kg (110lb) allowance. I's assume you are on the standard allowance.

The excess rates can be found at their website at http://www.airtahiti.aero/articles.php?id=712

When we last traveled to FP, Air Tahiti was strict with their limitations. If you have dive equipment, the weight limit was different. They may also weigh your carry on but this seemed to be hit or miss. They didn't weigh our bags coming back from the islands to Papeete.

The good news is, you don't need much in French Polynesia. I think we all pack too much.

Archived