Bermuda: How to get around - Tour on the cheap and fun.

grinthock

4) Bus: The Bus system in Bermuda is spectacular, buses come every 15-30 minutes during the day, and they will take you everywhere. If you are going to Horseshoe Bay only, there is a bus called "7 - Special" it's the #7 that goes to only horseshoe bay, if you are going there -- only take that bus, it's fastest.

Thank you for this very helpful post grin. Can someone tell me where I can catch this 7-Special bus from where we are docking in Kings Wharf? I think we'll be headed straight to Horseshoe Bay upon arrival.

Thank you for this very helpful post grin. Can someone tell me where I can catch this 7-Special bus from where we are docking in Kings Wharf? I think we'll be headed straight to Horseshoe Bay upon arrival.

SailBad has a great map posted on another thread... if I can find it I will send the link! If not (LOL) the bus stop is directly across the water where you will be docked.. (if that makes sense). Just follow the sidewalk across the street from the ship and you will see the ferry dock - it is right next to it.

Here it is! Right across from the Bone Fish...

dockyard-map2.jpg

Lovely_Star wrote: .... I think we'll be headed straight to Horseshoe Bay upon arrival.....

You and every beach lover on your cruise ship are all thinking the same thing. I think the bus only holds 38?? passengers; how many passengers are on the cruise ship? Get to the bus stop ASAP and don't forget to buy your transportation pass or tokens.

SBtS

Here it is! Right across from the Bone Fish...

dockyard-map2.jpg

Wow Thanks :)

Lovely_Star wrote: .... I think we'll be headed straight to Horseshoe Bay upon arrival.....

You and every beach lover on your cruise ship are all thinking the same thing. I think the bus only holds 38?? passengers; how many passengers are on the cruise ship? Get to the bus stop ASAP and don't forget to buy your transportation pass or tokens.

SBtS

I wish we could purchase the transportation pass prior to arrival in Bermuda? Maybe online...option?

They are not available online; some cruise ships have sold them at the guest services desk. I know very few have, don't remember if it were recent, or the cruise ships that have offered them. I would stop at the guest services desk soon after boarding and ask.

If you look at the map in the prior post, you can buy transportation passes and tokens at the Visitors' Information Centre. There are three located at the Dockyard. I have read that there is sometimes a temporary one in a trailer where the 2 wharves meet and intersect with the North Arm

SBtS

For buses, Cash Fares require exact change only. Drivers do not make change, and are forbidden from receiving and depositing money in the farebox. Dollar bills are not accepted.

It is much easier with tokens, tickets, or a transportation pass.

SBtS

Will they take quarters if I make a mistake and don't buy enough tokens?

Do any of the buses go to 9 Beaches? Last year, we took a taxi, but it was $25 each way, for a 10-15 minute drive.

We like to rent kayaks at 9 Beaches, and it is so peaceful there!

Thanks!!

9 Beaches is not directly on the #7 or #8 bus route. So once you leave the bus, you will have a .6-.7 mile walk to get there.

I have read on CC that a shuttle service was offered from the Dockyard, but I have been able to find any info on it.

The standard fare for a taxi from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay is $28.00 for 1 to 4 passengers, weekday travel and HSB and 9 Beaches are really not close to each other. Ask the taxi driver before entering the cab for an estimate for the fare to 9 Beaches. The one way fare should be in the $15.00 range.

SBtS

Is 9 beached closed for the summer due to construction? I just checked out their website :(

The hotel closed last year, and reportedly redevelopment of the property will start in the near future. In the mean time they recently decided to open the beach to the public.

Does anyone know how long the transit tickets are good for? For instance, if you buy a three day ticket, do you have to use it right away?

My sister is going down to Bermuda in a few weeks, and I wonder if she can buy me a three day pass that I can use in September? :confused:

Archived