guineverekay

The pins they sell in the giftshop are not like the

ones being collected or sold on ebay. I think the cost

is either $4.95 or $5.95.

But gues what, I have a extra Elation pin for you for

free. :)

Email me at: jrnolandpi@mindspring.com

JR

Thank you so much! That's just the sweetest thing ever :)

I'm emailing you right now.

guineverekay

The pins they sell in the giftshop are not like the

ones being collected or sold on ebay. I think the cost

is either $4.95 or $5.95.

But gues what, I have a extra Elation pin for you for

free. :)

Email me at: jrnolandpi@mindspring.com

JR

I got my pin! :) Thank you so much. You definitely brought me a smile on a yucky rainy day in KY.

Hey I see where you are from NW Ind. I was born and raised in the Tri-state. In Lake County to be exect. By your handle you must be a Sox fan.:)

Yes sirrrry! How many has everyone been able to collect before they stopped giving them out?

I have 4 pins. 2 from Victory and 2 from Fantasy last year.

Yes sirrrry! How many has everyone been able to collect before they stopped giving them out?

I have 4 pins. 2 from Victory and 2 from Fantasy last year.

Carnival is still giving them to Platinum members. Also just ask your cabin steward and will get you some.

OK, there are 13 different pins with a single ship name. Festivale, Tropicale, Mardi Gras. An additional 23 pins with double names, Carnival Holiday, Carnival Fantasy.Another 15 ship pins issued in 2000(some with single names and some with double names). And 16 different pins dated 2001(some with single names and some with double names). If you are attempting to collect 1 each of all the different pins, that total comes to 67.

I wear my "funnel hat" when boarding, and on my past cruises to the past guest party and always try to be one of the first to leave standing in the middle of the exit, and on each occasion many, many passengers would give me theirs. I have had very good luck bribing, bugging, begging, & pestering the cabin steward for a lot of extra pins. In addition to the tactics above I have had some very good finds at estate sales (not yard sales), and being a hoarder/buyer on EBay for the last 10 1/2 years(I'm still buying-last month about 20 more duplicates).

The total number of Carnival Past Guest pins I have accumulated is staggering. And since you asked (without counting) the total number of past guest pins is probably fast approaching 1000. I have a separate collection of die errors, another collection of plate errors, and still another collection of color varieties. Each pin is hand painted by the artist using a syringe needle to apply the paint. After the plant that produced the pins burned in China, Carnival rushed to several different suppliers, which produced pins with many different variates., IMHO. is still in effect so no one plant has a total number of pins produced which equals a number the competitors would love to have.

I am in the process of writing a history of, and a legacy of past guest pins from the first past guest pins of the classical period, Cunard of course, through the revival of the practice in the modern era of the Skald Club. The booklet will be profusely illustrated with pictures of the pins. And I will be able to place a relative value on the pins since I have saved the prices realized on all Carnival PG pins sold, and those listed and not sold. in the past year on EBay.

Carnival has used 7 distinctly different "Thank You" cards that the pins are attached to prior to giving them away.

All input & information from CC members is welcomed,

100XSmall.jpg

Edited by joebat1

I have heard back and forth regarding whether pins are given to past guests or not. Our last cruise a year ago June we read they no longer give them, however we did receive them. I used the search and am still seeing a little both ways. Has anyone sailed the Triumph recently and received the past guest pins??? Thanks.

Carnival is still giving them to Platinum members. Also just ask your cabin steward and will get you some.

OK, there are 13 different pins with a single ship name. Festivale, Tropicale, Mardi Gras. An additional 23 pins with double names, Carnival Holiday, Carnival Fantasy.Another 15 ship pins issued in 2000(some with single names and some with double names). And 16 different pins dated 2001(some with single names and some with double names). If you are attempting to collect 1 each of all the different pins, that total comes to 67.

I wear my "funnel hat" when boarding, and on my past cruises to the past guest party and always try to be one of the first to leave standing in the middle of the exit, and on each occasion many, many passengers would give me theirs. I have had very good luck bribing, bugging, begging, & pestering the cabin steward for a lot of extra pins. In addition to the tactics above I have had some very good finds at estate sales (not yard sales), and being a hoarder/buyer on EBay for the last 10 1/2 years(I'm still buying-last month about 20 more duplicates).

The total number of Carnival Past Guest pins I have accumulated is staggering. And since you asked (without counting) the total number of past guest pins is probably fast approaching 1000. I have a separate collection of die errors, another collection of plate errors, and still another collection of color varieties. Each pin is hand painted by the artist using a syringe needle to apply the paint. After the plant that produced the pins burned in China, Carnival rushed to several different suppliers, which produced pins with many different variates., IMHO. is still in effect so no one plant has a total number of pins produced which equals a number the competitors would love to have.

I am in the process of writing a history of, and a legacy of past guest pins from the first past guest pins of the classical period, Cunard of course, through the revival of the practice in the modern era of the Skald Club. The booklet will be profusely illustrated with pictures of the pins. And I will be able to place a relative value on the pins since I have saved the prices realized on all Carnival PG pins sold, and those listed and not sold. in the past year on EBay.

Carnival has used 7 distinctly different "Thank You" cards that the pins are attached to prior to giving them away.

All input & information from CC members is welcomed,

100XSmall.jpg

That's some collection! I be sure to ask my steward if he has any. Very interesting about the history. I am always learning something here on the boards. Thanks:D

I have heard back and forth regarding whether pins are given to past guests or not. Our last cruise a year ago June we read they no longer give them, however we did receive them. I used the search and am still seeing a little both ways. Has anyone sailed the Triumph recently and received the past guest pins??? Thanks.

Ask your steward.. as the Triumph is still giving them away. Past Guest Pins are an expense item just like soap, toilet paper, Kleenex, etc. They are kept in the supply room with little or no control. I have always found a nice tip is enough incentive for the room steward to go to the extra effort to make sure you have one, or two, or more PG pins.

Items sold in the various gift shops like pins, liquor, cigarettes are inventory items, and a very tight control is kept on the numbers sold.

Der joebat1

I am truely amazed at your collection. I would be honoured (and a bit afraid) to meet you. Such dedication to a single

collectable is both inspiring and unfathomable. WOW! Good luck.

Thank you so much for your very kind words, I indeed am humbled.

JR, You KNOW, you, Renee, & the other longtime pin collectors who have been so kind as to share y'alls knowledge & expertise will be at the top of the list(as proof-readers LOL)...... I could never have been able to do it without everyone's input of their shared experiences. And a big thank you to Texrail who added the last piece of the puzzle tonight.

The main emphasis with be on the lineage of Carnival's past guest pin/programs starting with Cunard in the late 1800's until Carnival started their past guest program in 1994 after acquiring Princess which had a past guest club after P & O purchased SITMAR (Societa Italiana Trasporti Marittimi)in 1988. I am planing to illustrate it profusely starting with the turn of the century Cunard "Britannia Club" pin to the latest "Dream" Pin.

BRITANNIA%20CLUB.jpgDream.jpg

Ask your steward.. as the Triumph is still giving them away. Past Guest Pins are an expense item just like soap, toilet paper, Kleenex, etc. They are kept in the supply room with little or no control. I have always found a nice tip is enough incentive for the room steward to go to the extra effort to make sure you have one, or two, or more PG pins.

Items sold in the various gift shops like pins, liquor, cigarettes are inventory items, and a very tight control is kept on the numbers sold.

Thanks for your reply

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

After reading these boards and being relatively new to cruising (our second cruise coming up this February) I became interested in these past guest pins. I emailed Carnival to inquire about getting a pin from our first cruise. Here is the response that I got... I am disappointed, I was looking forward to starting my own collection... Ah well at least I will get one from our first cruise.

Paula

new_talisma_header.gif

Dear Mrs.Haskins:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We are happy to enclose a carnival Sensation ship pin for you. We want you to know that as a part of our ongoing process to improve our product, we are no longer offering the ship pins as part of our Past Guest program.

For future reference, you may find the pins available in the gift shop onboard. We are sorry for any disappointment this may cause. You will receive your ship pin in the mail shortly.

Thank you again for choosing Carnival for your vacation. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Claudette Thompson

Guest Care

guestcare@carnivalDOTcom

Anyone have a carnival freedom pin they would like to sell? I went Sept 2010. This was my first cruise. I was unaware of the "pin thing." I want despiratley to have the pin from my first cruise. I am planning 2nd cruise for Nov 2011 on Dream. I will be sure and get my pin from Dream. Anyone's kindness with a Freedom pin would greatly be appreciated! :)

Edited by gatorfanintn
left off email address

Jr said to contact you about some pins he didn`t have. E-mail is screen name at yahoo. Looking for 3 pins. Sensations I will get in 15 days when I am on her again for our anniversary cruise back to Nassau.:)