A different balcony divider question

I understand that some dividers open towards the cabin window and others open towards the balcony railing. Does either scenario greatly affect the cabin lighting or the view out to sea?

To those who have had the dividers open-was it worth it? Would you do it again?

Thanks.

Spirit class open out towards the railing.......the others open towards the cabin and will block a window or sometimes a door......so the answere is yes it would block view ......yes it is worth it for us and yes we would do it again......

Spirit class open out towards the railing.......the others open towards the cabin and will block a window or sometimes a door......so the answere is yes it would block view ......yes it is worth it for us and yes we would do it again......

We've sailed both versions, and have had dividers opened both times. Agree with the poster above, yes it does block your view a wee bit, but it's worth it!

Oliver

Thanks to you all.

We are sailing Carnival Dream next April. This will be our first family vacation is four years. We are surprising our adult-ish sons (as of 4/12 they will be 24 and 21.5) with a balcony cabin right next door to ours. (They have always had inside cabins across from our balcony cabins.) I am going to make sure that the divider heads their way. :p

Mak sure the divider will open- if it blocks a door to the cabin it will not be able to open--

Already e-mailed our substitute PVP. He told me the cabins in which I am interest do indeed have a divider that opens. I am waiting for info as to which way.

I cannot imagine a divider blocking a balcony door. Would that not defeat the purpose of having a balcony w/the divider open?

I cannot imagine a divider blocking a balcony door. Would that not defeat the purpose of having a balcony w/the divider open?

I think that the primary purpose of being able to open the balcony dividers is so that ship's staff can open all of them (when there are no passengers on board), and then for them to be able to clean those balconies from one end of the ship to the other with high-pressure hoses, varnish any wood, etc. without having to walk through cabins/carpeted areas. Easier to do it that way and safer for ship's property too.

Making access (directly) from one cabin to the next is more likely the reason why there are interleading doors on the interior.

Stan

Already e-mailed our substitute PVP. He told me the cabins in which I am interest do indeed have a divider that opens. I am waiting for info as to which way.

When we had one that would block a door we just kept it closed but unlocked...

They all unlock for cleaning purposes as Starlight mentioned. Usually on the last sea day they will let you know in the funtimes that they will be cleaning balconies at a certain time. They will open all dividers and spray them down.....and normally lock them back up also.....so if you do have them open sometimes after the cleaning they might lock them.

2942849330101116058PEFLuf_th.jpg

notice on the second deck from the top

The divider opens left- every other cabin will have a cabin door blocking the divider. Your cabin will need to have doors on oppistie walls in order for it to be opened

The lower deck here on the Pride (Spirit Class) shows the dividers opened for the extended balcony. Above that, are dividers opened for standard balconies.

All the dividers on the Spirit Class ships open outward.

Oliver

DSC08124.jpg.bade297faa4a5e93515a15dada50a13a.jpg

The lower deck here on the Pride (Spirit Class) shows the dividers opened for the extended balcony. Above that, are dividers opened for standard balconies.

All the dividers on the Spirit Class ships open outward.

Oliver

dividers on the spirit class are totally different- EVERY divider can be opened as it is locked to the railing. Only a limited amount of dividers can be opened on this class ship. One person from each cabin must present themselves to the pursers desk for the request.

On a spirit class ship there is no blocking of ANY cabin door

All other ships the cabin steward opens them

Archived