FOS Western - What night for Portofino and party of 7?

We will be on FOS doing the Western Caribbean on 16 October and are wondering about booking dinner at Portofino for one night. I'm wondering what night would be the best? I really want to know which nights are the most missable in the MDR because I don't want to miss any of the best nights there!

Also, we are an extended family group but would feed the children earlier and take them to the kids club for our adults-only dinner at Portofino. However, there are 7 adults in our family group and the RCCL website says that only tables for a maximum of 6 are available. Does anyone know if they totally enforce that?

You have the same idea I had when I sailed onboard Freedom. My wife and I checked the dining room menu each day after lunch and decided which nights we wanted to eat at Portofino's and Chops. We picked 2 nights were we felt the dining room menu was not what we wanted to experience and booked the restaurants the day of dining. This wasn't a big deal and we got in without any problem. They are very accommidating and will most certainly try to get you in. Also try search the boards for Freedom menu's and check and see which nights are ones that you don't want to eat in the main dining room.

Some other things to keep in mind when booking specialty restaurants. If you want to say goodbye to your main dining room wait staff and take photos when them, then don't book a specialty restaurant on the last night of your cruise. My wife and I ate in the main dining room for both formal nights, one reason for this is because one formal night was Italian night and the wait staff sings and dances this night. Also because I love tiramisu I didn't want to miss it.

Archived