Boarding in Hamburg?

transatlantic fan

Hi we are doing the 2 day from Hamburg to Southampton on the 13th July,and wanted to know if anyone would know how far the port is from the city centre, and the cost in a cab.

Also we were told boarding starts at 12.30, is that the norm for Hamburg?

Many Thanks.

Kevin

Hi... wanted to know if anyone would know how far the port is from the city centre, Kevin

Hi Kevin

The terminal is slightly south of the city centre, but really, feels right IN the centre! With luggage you'd need a cab from the rail station (for example) but for those there for the day "in-transit" it is walking distance or a very short coach/bus ride.

12.30 boarding sounds about right to me, but I'd arrive a little earlier.

There are photos of Hamburg and the voyage from/to Southampton via the link below.

Hope this helps.

Bon Voyage!

Hi Kevin

The terminal is slightly south of the city centre, but really, feels right IN the centre! With luggage you'd need a cab from the rail station (for example) but for those there for the day "in-transit" it is walking distance or a very short coach/bus ride.

12.30 boarding sounds about right to me, but I'd arrive a little earlier.

There are photos of Hamburg and the voyage from/to Southampton via the link below.

Hope this helps.

Bon Voyage!

Pepper,

Thanks very much.

Kevin

Hello,

the arrival and departure depends on tide of river Elbe. Queen Mary 2, which has a draught of 9.5 meter is able to arrive up to 1:30 hours before and after hightide. Queen Elizabeth which has a draught of 8 meters has a little longer gap.

On July 13th the hightides are at 02:39 am and 03:24 pm. I think that 12:30 pm is a good time for your arrival at the cruise center.

The fare for the cab from Hamburg main railway station to the cruise terminal will be around 10 Euro, from the airport you have to pay between 30 and 40 Euro.

I hope I could help and wish you a wonderfull trip.

Frank

Hello,

the arrival and departure depends on tide of river Elbe. Queen Mary 2, which has a draught of 9.5 meter is able to arrive up to 1:30 hours before and after hightide. Queen Elizabeth which has a draught of 8 meters has a little longer gap.

On July 13th the hightides are at 02:39 am and 03:24 pm. I think that 12:30 pm is a good time for your arrival at the cruise center.

The fare for the cab from Hamburg main railway station to the cruise terminal will be around 10 Euro, from the airport you have to pay between 30 and 40 Euro.

Frank

Thanks Frank,

You have been of help. i assume there is just one port and that is the one in Hafencity.

Kevin

Hello,

Frank

Hi Frank,

we will be staying the night before and coming in by train,would you know how far these hotels would be?

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/hamburg/hamsp/hoteldetail?numberOfRooms=1&numberOfAdults=1&numberOfChildren=0&ratePreference=6CBARC

Or http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/hamburg/hamst/hoteldetail?numberOfRooms=1&numberOfAdults=1&numberOfChildren=0&ratePreference=6CBARC

Again thanks for your help.

Regards

Kevin

If you were to click on the links that you have provided and then click on directions, you will see maps which show exactly where the hotels are, and they have a scale so you can see the distance to the port and the railway station.

Hello Kevin,

Hi Frank,

we will be staying the night before and coming in by train,would you know how far these hotels would be?

This hotel is approx. 4 km away from Main station and also 4 km away from the cruise terminal.

This hotel is approx. 3 km away from Main station and also 5 km away from the cruise terminal.

If you want to search the cruise terminal with google maps the required input is "Grosser Grasbrook Hamburg". If you have a look with Google Streetview you will see many roadworks as the whole area is rebuild and the recording from google is from two years ago. The area looks much better now (even not all is ready).

There are two cruise terminals within Hamburg, but the other terminal is too small for Queen Elizabeth.

Hope my answer helps. Don't hesitate to ask further questions.

Frank

Hello Kevin,

This hotel is approx. 4 km away from Main station and also 4 km away from the cruise terminal.

This hotel is approx. 3 km away from Main station and also 5 km away from the cruise terminal.

If you want to search the cruise terminal with google maps the required input is "Grosser Grasbrook Hamburg". If you have a look with Google Streetview you will see many roadworks as the whole area is rebuild and the recording from google is from two years ago. The area looks much better now (even not all is ready).

There are two cruise terminals within Hamburg, but the other terminal is too small for Queen Elizabeth.

Hope my answer helps. Don't hesitate to ask further questions.

Frank

Frank,

Thanks again your a star.

Kevin

Frank, when are back on board, I haven't seen you since Hurricane Ida which was great fun.:eek:

Hello Jim,

I intend to meet you on BTB beginning Nov 10th 2011. I hope we will have a nice crossing as it was last time. The waves were wonderful. I have not booked yet and therfore not joined the roll call.

I wish you nice BTBs before we will meet and I'm looking forward to your very nice logs.

Frank

Hello Jim,

I intend to meet you on BTB beginning Nov 10th 2011. I hope we will have a nice crossing as it was last time. The waves were wonderful. I have not booked yet and therfore not joined the roll call.

I wish you nice BTBs before we will meet and I'm looking forward to your very nice logs.

Frank

Looking forward to it :):)

Hi we are doing the 2 day from Hamburg to Southampton on the 13th July,and wanted to know if anyone would know how far the port is from the city centre, and the cost in a cab.

Also we were told boarding starts at 12.30, is that the norm for Hamburg?

Many Thanks.

Kevin

Hi transatlantic fan - have you been told if there is a formal night on the day at sea?

Thanks

Chris

Archived