Please help ease my mind! Celebrity Summit 7212

Leaving in a week to go on Celebrity Summit to Bermuda. I was on this cruise last year, but this year going with my disabled DH, he's in a power wheelchair. I can't believe how many details I've forgotten in the past year :rolleyes:

I cannot remember whether the ramp onto and off of the ship itself is flat or has ridges...and can a wheelchair go easily? Chair has about 2.5-3" clearance. Also for cabin 7212 (accessible), what is the balcony threshold like? Any problems going in and out in a power wheelchair?

Thanks!

We have stayed in 7212 on the Summit's sister ship, Infinity.

The cabin was very accessible, but there was definitely no ramp to the balcony. I learned afterwards (on here) that we could have asked for one. And it's possible this ship already has them.

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to report back and give an update. I'm happy to say that everything was great! :)

My husband had no trouble getting on and off the Summit in his power wheelchair. The ramp to was a bit steep, but his wheelchair handled it quite well. His chair has tilt/recline features, so he was able to tilt back before going down the ramp, and it was more comfortable. There was plenty of staff around who were "spotting" him, just in case.

There were wooden ramps on the inside and outside of the balcony door, as promised, and we were able to really enjoy the balcony together.

I'll be writing a longer review within the next few days (hopefully!), but for now I just wanted to follow up here.

We had this cabin and found it to be very wheelchair friendly with easy access to the balcony.

The staff onboard this ship are some of the most friendly and willing to help folks we have ever encountered onboard a cruise ship.

We had to have assistance getting onto and off the ship, with the wheelchair, but as you stated there were always lots of staff around to assist.

I can't wait to read your review.

Archived