Honneymoon on the Serenade- S.Caribbean 04/30/11- My first Trip Report w/ pictures

Loving your review. It was only this past February when we were on this same itinerary and ship. It has been our favorite so far!! I completely understand the spending the rest of your life single. Love has a way of finding you when you least expect it. Falling in love is better than you could dream of when it is with your best friend!!

Congrats to both of you on your marriage and honeymoon. The St. Lucia pictures brought back so many recent memories of our honeymoon there just two weeks ago. We stayed at Sandals La Toc and had a wonderful time.

Your Antigua and St. Croix reviews have been great in giving me some ideas for our next cruise next December.

Similar story although a little longer of a "courting" time, Jenn and I met back in 2008 through EHarmony.com. She had only been on one cruise and didn't like it due to the fact of who she was with. I had been on many up until college when I switched to land/destination vacations. About 3 months into the relationship, we decide to go on a cruise that December. It would tell us two things:

1. If you can stand 7 days with someone on a cruise ship in tight quarters, they might be the one.
  2. If she really just hated cruising because of the people she was with on her one and only cruise.

Needless to say, we got engaged a year later and took a second cruise (at her request) a few months after getting engaged. Our next cruise has been in the planning the past few months and as it turns out, we might be going on a second cruise early next year if it works out right for us.

The problem for us is that we also enjoy all of the destination cruises, as well as skiing (we spend a week every February out west, usually at Steamboat Springs).

Cute pooch. We have two as well and they always get to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's place when we are away.

Rick: I love your love story!!!! <3 <3 <3 (those are hearts!) Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the wonderful review. Your pictures are beautiful! Would love to do these ports someday. We were just on the Serenade last month with a different itinerary.

Sharon

We're totally bummed that we heard Serenade and Adventure are both leaving S. Caribbean next year in April. We were hoping to do another S. Caribbean cruise with YOUR ports next year.

Stephanie

This is a fantastic review. We are sailing on the Serenade in July. The pictures and stories are wonderful. Glad you had a fun cruise.

Tiki

The cruise was a blast! Enjoy your trip, you will not be disapointed!

I'm enjoying your review so much - can't wait to read the rest. Thank you!

Thank you! I was hoping for it to have been done yesterday but we went to meet up with some friends and got home late. I'll make sure and promise to finish it tonight!

Loving your review. It was only this past February when we were on this same itinerary and ship. It has been our favorite so far!! I completely understand the spending the rest of your life single. Love has a way of finding you when you least expect it. Falling in love is better than you could dream of when it is with your best friend!!

Thank you and U agree with everything you just said! Favorite cruise!

Great review. We are on the Serenade for a B2B on June 19th and am undecided about what to do in St. Lucia. Been debating about taking the Cosol Tour or the ship one. Looks like you had a prettty good time with the Cosol.

So I dont know too much about the ship tour but I believe that they are comparable in price and the places you'll get to go. I just think you'll have alot of fun with Cosol tours. I always prefer to book with outside companies over ship tours, I always find them to be more personal, less crowded and more authentic. Whatever you choose I am sure you will love St. Lucia!

SliderNc so have you set a date yet for the wedding? Ohh how I remember the days of Eharmony Jdate match.com. ect... arn't you so glad that you're done with all that nonsense?! lol

Okay guys, I just want to appologize for missing my "deadline" of finishing the review. I have NO plans tonight so I will make sure to finish up tonight. I unfortunatly cant post pictures while I am at work or this would have been done yesterday.

Happy Hump Day!

Just got done looking at all your pictures....Wow 489 pictures & video's!!

We've got a B2B planned in October.......can't wait!

We've also got a night post cruise booked at the Marriott Stellaris.

Thanks again for sharing......look forward to the remainder of your review.

Reyne

Im LOVING your review Stephanie! We sail on the Serenade in 2.5 weeks:) I know you mentioned the cruise dirtector earlier..did you like him? Do you know if he is going to be on the ship in June? I am one of those people that think the cruise director can make the experience better..just curious. I can't wait to read the rest of your review!

I was very excited about today! We decided to book a land (ATV) & sea(Waverunner) tour through Gecko island adventures: http://www.geckosislandadventures.com/

We had a 10:00 am meeting time and were told to meet at their shop which is right there along the main street at the port. So after breakfast at the windjammer again we walked off the port and followed the very easy directions that they provided to their little store.

Hi! Congrats on your recent nuptials! We took our honeymoon on Serenade of the Seas May 22nd, a little bit of a different itinerary though. I hope you loved the ATV tour! We just did the half day (so no waverunner) and it was the best excursion of the week for us. I too was scared for my life going up those mountains, but my husband was driving LOL! Great review!

Archived