To all VETERANS: THANK YOU

a question for you rybread.....Have you served in our military? I did for 26 years, if you haven't served please let those of us who appreciate what has been given to us, remember the ones we know or dont know that have fallen. For you to come on here and put down what we stand for is an insult and I agree 100% with trailer in the hopes our paths never cross.

I noticed from another post that the rybread has a UK passport and carries a Green card.

I noticed this from a previous post! Tells me pretty much what I need to know!

rybreadsmomshubby.....The only reason you are speaking the "Queen's English" today is because of the US Military defending your country's backside!

Hi there! So nice to see you on here. Sorry I haven't been in touch in so long. Got busy as I was preparing to leave Florida last winter and then of course...you know what I have been up to.

Hope you are well and enjoying Florida. I can't tell you how much I miss that beautiful state. Moving to Texas was really tough. Being here is even tougher. But it's all temporary.

If you still have my email address, please feel free to write. Emailing friends/family is my way of taking a break during the long hours we spend at work over here.

Take care and hope to chat with you soon.

Julia.

I don't have your email address that I can see, but would love to stay in touch with you. You can email me at pathwaysmusic at msn dot com. Let me know in the heading that it is from you....then I will give you my personal email address so that we can keep in touch.

Our sympathy and prayers to you and your fellow warriors this day! Please stay safe and once again "God Bless You".

My DH and I met in the Air Force and produced this young man who as of tomorrow, shall be USAF Captain Miller:

2962_527667927374_29302094_31395730_2892771_n.jpg

Missilier, Minot AFB, ND.

What a handsome young man! I know you both are so proud of him! How wonderful that he is going to carry on the tradition of the USAF as his parents did. Thank You!

My DH and I met in the Air Force and produced this young man who as of tomorrow, shall be USAF Captain Miller:

Stay Safe and God Speed USAF Captain Miller and A BIG Thank You for your service and dedication to the USA!!! :D

thanks you for the thread!

if it wasnt for them ( past, present and Future) we would not be able to enjoys the freeedom of cruising.

while its memorial day, the day we honor our war dead...

lets not forget all or have served or are serving.CCL offers great discounts to them, and often makes announcements saluting them on the loudspeaker .. one of the few i really like hearing!

when on the ship or in the airport when we bump into them we alway buy the a round of drinks... small way to say thank you!

on are last trip , we noticed a man , woman and a young child in the steakhouse.. he was active as he was wearing his uniform on elegant night..

we discreetly paid for thier Dinner

That was very nice of you. I am sure the serviceman appreciated it very much.

I am a veteran but this holiday isn't for us. But thanks for the nod.

This is for our buddies who never came home.

Actually that has changed. According to the Dept of Veterans Affairs, The Flag is to be diplayed at half mast from sunrise until noon, and then raised to full staff to honor all of our countries heroes. The speaker at one of the Memorial Day celebrations I attended yesterday spoke of this. Then at 3pm, people are asked to stop what they are doing for a minute in remembrance of those that have fallen. I, like you, always think of those that never made it home on this holiday.

Today we remember the cost of FREEDOM. The price is usually paid by our young men and women, our sons and daughters in the service. Sometimes it is an arm or a leg or both. Sometimes it is the ultimate sacrifice. Today we will be with friends and family and take a few minutes to remember what the real cost of freedom is. The men and women who serve don't ever know the price they will have to ultimately pay, they just do their job. For that they deserve thanks any and every day.

Semper Fi brother. Hope you had a good Memorial Day.

I just stood on the side of the road and watched the caskets of three of America's finest be transported in the back of military vehicles down to the flight line to be boarded onto an airplane to make their final journey home. Three more to remember on this and every future Memorial Day. God Bless them and the grieving families who just found out hours ago that they will never see their loved ones alive again. These fine Soldiers will soon be back on US soil to be properly honored and buried.

Though none of the people honored today can read this, thank you to each individual who paid the ultimate price and gave all for our country. Thank you to the families who allowed them to serve and who gave up their loved ones for our freedom.

God Bless.

God bless you Julia and thanks for being where you are for us. I for one, appreciate your service. Ooooooh rahhhhhh

I have a son not to far from your son. Mine is at Ellsworth AFB, Rapid City, SD.:D

How proud you must be! My son is in Minot as well! It was a huge climate change for him this past winter. Sign outside of their gate : "only the best go north".

Archived