Anyone just back off the Dream?

is there anyone on here that has just got back off the Dream? As there are now several of us on here that are due to go in the next few weeks can you give us any current feedback? Have they got their act together and did you have a good cruise. Any pitfalls to look out for? Many thanks all information gladly received.

shirley

We're going on the Dream on July 2nd and yesterday I checked out the most recent reviews on Cruise Critic. Every review for this summer season was either 5 or 5+ so things are loking good. We went on the Dream last August and had a brilliant time.

Only booked it last week so excitement is already at fever pitch!!:)

We were on Dream from the 14th to 21st of May and can only describe the cruise as fantastic. We didn't encounter any problems at all throughout the week and the ship is very well looked after - very clean, with staff always looking after her.

The staff are all fantastic - really friendly and polite. The food was excellent - particularly Orion on deck 4 and The Grill on deck 11.

Our cabin was on deck 9 and it was very comfortable, much bigger than we expected, and again, very well looked after.

I'd say nothing to worry about at all - we didn't experience anything like what the earlier bad reviews showed.

We will be booking to go on Dream again!! :)

we had a suite which was spacious, clean and very comfortable, but rather noisy if you go to bed early(we took ear plugs and used them). No balcony though which having done Dubai with a balcony which was lovely we did miss. The air con was very noisy but they came immediately and sorted this and checked regularly we were ok. They also helped us with the DVD player which we could not get to work. And also helped us very efficiently with mum who was with us and did not feel well.

Most of the food was very good though sometimes a big queue for coffee but that was more down to the way the brits like to queue! water was sometimes tricky to get as the fountains were slow and you were not allowed to fill water bottles from it which we had done on Costa. We were able to take alcohol on board with us to drink in our cabin(unlike Costa) but of course you miss out on some of the fun doing it this way. We did not venture into the pools as they seemed to be cold - i think they refill with sea water every day. Sometimes there seemed to be some odd mixes of things served up at the buffet. We had some excellent vegetable tempura which was lovely but it was served with cold sauce - infact cold gravy sauce! yuk.( I think even the staff member I asked seemed a bit embarrassed to say it was cold gravy when I asked if it was sate sauce). I mixed up my own chilli sauce but ginger and soya sauce were missing so not great but better than cold gravy. The desserts were not good but I have never had any good puds on any cruises. All spongy sweet stuff which aimed at being British but missed the mark, especially with the dubious custard, but not a problem as I am too fat anyway. There was always a good selection of salads and starters and it was very easy to fill up with these. Some of the soups a bit salty. A lack of flavour in some of the main courses if you like flavour (curry with not much curry etc) The rolls, croissants etc were not good but then again it would probably cost too much to match the French with these. There were good pancakes though. Bottle of wine around £12 for the cheapest and cocktail we had was £3.50. There is a fridge in the room so you can chill your own wine if you take some on with you and we had no problem buying in the ports and taking it back with us. The entertainment (dancing/singing) was good. The staff very friendly and overall it was better than I expected. We did a cruise and stay and I have never done a package but overall, other than a not very nice room at the hotel, had no serious complaints and everything ran to time and was pretty efficient though a slight delay on the return flight. We did one excursion with the ship which was to Rome ( just a coach trip where we stayed on and viewed from the coach) but it was good. The other trips we did ourselves as with 3 it was much cheaper. Erice in sicilly was foggy and scary and we could not see anything, so glad we did not pay the ships rates just to be in the fog. However at one stage it got so bad (the fog) we thought we would not get back and may miss the ship so overall not a good idea to do DIY if you can see cloud at the top of the mountain. DIY Pompeii by train was very good and the French were on strike for Corsica (as usual lazy lot )as it was leading up to their bank holiday so they do this a lot to get a longer break. We therefore could not go anywhere on a DIY basis but the town itself was ok. The ships' excursions still ran though after the striking French eventually let us dock an hour late.We also enjoyed palamos which has lots of little shops and a beach and there was a free shuttle bus though we walked back as it was so pleasant.

Re not being able to fill water bottles from the water fountain I can only say thank goodness for that. I have complained in the past to staff on Thomson ships about people refilling bottles as it is a VERY UNHYGIENIC thing to do.

Just back yesterday from the Dream and it is by far the BEST ship in the Thomson fleet! Will write a full review later!!

well that sounds great as soon as you are well rested I look forward to your review glad you had a good time.

Archived