Gem or Jewel

hoff624

We want to take a family cruise out of NY in August. We will have 3 generations traveling,with a total of 8. Since both cruises have many sea days we would like to pick the cruise with the best onboard entertainment especially for the 2 kids. Ages 12 and 14. Any input would be great.

Thanks

Ed

Easy choice for me. The Gem. 3 days in Bermuda beats FL and the Bahamas. Throw in bowling and a climbing wall for the kids and it gets better. If the kids were younger the Jewel with the Nick activities would be a consideration.

I have been on the Norwegian Jewel many times in the last several years and watched her change on the whole. If you have that wide of an age range in your group, I'd go with the NORWEGIAN GEM. It has more options available on it. The Jewel has one less lounge but everything else is pretty much the same. (The Jewel doesn't have Bliss or bowling.)

This question on such limited information always amuses me (not in a rude way). This ship vs that one, this cruiseline vs that cruiseline. Multi-style cruiselines survive and NCL has different options on their different ships because individual wants and likes differ so much.

OP remember no one on here knows you or your family. Perhaps if you were more specific on what the teens enjoy on land to do. what things the adults are most looking forward to. As well as, what type of things you would like to do in port. That question would be easier answered instead of posters just telling you their favorite ship.

For example if the teens like swimming, water slide, arcade and basketball/tennis/volleyball. Both ships offer. If they are more into rock climbing wall & bowling then the Gem is better. If the adults enjoy the same spot choose the Gem, if they like to be in a different spot choose the Jewel.

Archived