Do you agree

It is definitely a great way to see alot of different islands. I did it in September 2009 when there were no sea days. It is an exhausting itinerary. You want to plan a couple of post-cruise days off.

I don't know if it's the best, but we'll find out in July when we go on the Victory. I purposefully look for itineraries that are more port intensive. I don't do well with more than one sea day in a row because I go stir crazy and get kind of bored. I figure I can be leisurely while I'm in port. I feel that I don't need to do and see everything. I'm perfectly content laying on the beach or walking around town.

the best itinerary for what?

I just got back from the Victory last night. We had a great cruise, however, I am exhausted. If we had been traveling alone, we would not have chosen this itinerary, but we were traveling with family that doesn't like to lay around and do nothing. It was scorching in the 90s on the one sea day so you really couldn't lay out that day. Every other day we were out and about and we were in port till 5pm the day before debarkation. Debarking in San Juan was the second worst (Long Beach was the worst) in my 16 cruises.

If the sea day had been later in the week, I may feel differently. I stress that we had a great trip, but it is not a cruise I would do again. I may reconsider since we could stay on the ship in some ports, but my San Juan experience is not something I will ever want to live through again.

Personally, I like the western itineraries the best. A few days to see some culture like ruins, or rainforests, a day in Cozumel to drink and party, and a sea day or two to relax and unwind.

Can you tell me what it is?

Day 1 San Juan, Puerto Rico -- 10:00 pm

Day 2 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, 7:00 am 5:00 pm

Day 3 At Sea -- --

Day 4 Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Day 5 St. Lucia, St. Lucia 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Day 6 Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Day 7 Sint Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 7:00 am 5:00 pm

Day 8 San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 am --

I love the Victory's itinerary!

As with anything in life, it is a personal preference.

It definately is port sensitive, but we Love ports...and these are Great!

If you haven't been on the Victory yet...Go for it! I know we'll book it again in the future =)

Personally I like having a sea day the day before we get off the ship (that's the reason I have not chosen some cruises that I know I would have liked). I don't like the idea of leaving a port at 5:00pm and then dinner, few drinks, sleep, get off.:eek: I want to linger a little longer on the Lido deck before I get off;)

I would love a cruise like this! If you don't want to go go go so much, than stay on the ship one day and make it your own sea day! With this you have the option of being on the boat of off almost every day. I like that.

Day 1 San Juan, Puerto Rico -- 10:00 pm

Day 2 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, 7:00 am 5:00 pm

Day 3 At Sea -- --

Day 4 Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Day 5 St. Lucia, St. Lucia 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Day 6 Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Day 7 Sint Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 7:00 am 5:00 pm

Day 8 San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 am --

I don't know if it's the best, but we'll find out in July when we go on the Victory. I purposefully look for itineraries that are more port intensive. I don't do well with more than one sea day in a row because I go stir crazy and get kind of bored. I figure I can be leisurely while I'm in port. I feel that I don't need to do and see everything. I'm perfectly content laying on the beach or walking around town.

My choice too:) I did a 10 nighter on another line, same ports, but had 2 sea days coming back.:eek: Boring.

You can always make your own sea day and not get off the ship.

we did that once. The atmosphere is not the same, it is crazy hot because the ship is not moving and then you feel like you missed something when 20 people asked you what you did that day...

Archived