Brits and dis-embarkation at New York

chirpy007

What do other Brits do if they have a late flight after getting off the ship so early. I have looked at Princess's excursions but as l will have two nights in NY before hand l would have pretty much seen whats on offer.

Thanks

We did a cruise on Explorer a couple of years ago, we stayed at Country Inn and Suites Newark pre cruise. I read on the boards that they let you hold your luggage there after the cruise so we asked and they said yes. We took a taxi back there and put our luggage in a locked room, there is a big mall opposite so we spent a few hours shopping then went back to the hotel, collected our luggage and used their free shuttle to the airport. We offered to pay but there was no charge.

It was a good option for us, maybe other hotels do the same if you ask.

Julie

We did a cruise on Explorer a couple of years ago, we stayed at Country Inn and Suites Newark pre cruise. I read on the boards that they let you hold your luggage there after the cruise so we asked and they said yes. We took a taxi back there and put our luggage in a locked room, there is a big mall opposite so we spent a few hours shopping then went back to the hotel, collected our luggage and used their free shuttle to the airport. We offered to pay but there was no charge.

It was a good option for us, maybe other hotels do the same if you ask.

Julie

Many thanks Julie, l havent booked my hotel yet so l will enquire about this before l do.

Check with the cruise line to see if they offer late departure. On RCI last year in New Jersey we stayed onboard, had lunch and left the ship at 2pm for our 6.30pm flight. Can't remember what it cost but it was worth it for a relaxing end to our cruise.

Pete & Carol

Archived