paying for shore excursion

iupalum

might be a dumb ?, but just wondering...when booking a shore excursion through carnival and the website, do they charge your debit card right away or add it to your s&s acct at the end of the cruise? just need to keep my checking acct balanced. :)

If you book on the website, your method of payment is charged immeduately.

If booking onboard, it is added to your S&S account balance and settled at cruise's end.

Book in advance, pay in advance. We had to enter a credit/debit card number.

It will still show on your S&S statement, as both a charge and a credit. Also, IIRC, if you have to cancel (24 hour notice, I believe), it'll be refunded to your S&S.

From the Carnival Website

What happens after I purchase my shore tours prior to sailing?

Guest's will be able to view and print:

• A shore excursion confirmation with an order number.
  • A full itinerary/schedule of all shore excursions booked for all guests on the booking.
  • Orders can be cancelled or added online, without cancellation charges, until the cut off date (3 days prior to sailing).
  • Shore excursion tickets are delivered to the guests' stateroom prior to embarkation.

Keep in mind there are some excursions that have a limited amount of participants and these may be the ones you want to book before you leave...

Have a great cruise!

That is one of the reasons I would not book thru Carnival in advance.

The other is private tours are generally better, cheaper and less crowded.

I would not book through the website as you pay in advance and sometimes multiple times. My mother was charged for 5 tours when she booked 2 and my uncle was charged for 4 instead of 2. On Princess you can reserve your tours online and it is billed to your room AFTER you take the tour. I would not wait for a refund from Carnival if the tour was cancelled that is BS. They should change their policy...... I am waiting to book our tour for when we are on the ship, I sure hope the one we want is still available

Archived