How much local money to take?

Hi,

Leaving next week and last minute things to organise.

We will need local currency I assume for the taxi and for maybe

two brekies two lunch, one dinner.......hopefully from the cheaper food outlets people have talked about. Won't need to much food as leaving room for the cruise feast.

How much approximately for taxi ...airport to hotel [ Manava]

.............................................. hotel to Pier

.............................................. Pier to Airport

Approximately how much for food?

Will use crdit card when we can.

Thank you:)

As much as possible !!!! You can always take it home:D

Remember for XPF you need enough for Papeete, then maybe a coffee etc at Raiatea, plus local shopping in Bora Bora & Moorea - it soon mounts up:eek:

We've got all our transfers sorted from here, the meals etc in Papeete is going to be quite a hit but I'm well prepared.:cool:

Hi,

Leaving next week and last minute things to organise.

We will need local currency I assume for the taxi and for maybe

two brekies two lunch, one Approximately how much for food?

Will use crdit card when we can.

Thank you:)

It depends on how long and where you are staying. You can use your credit card at the "tourist" places. I agree with Kiwiuk, take more than you need. :)

Greatlyblessed,

We have exchanged Cdn $ for XPF prior to our trip but when we got to our hotel (Moorea Pearl), we found that they offered a better conversion rate for Cdn $ and US $. If we knew this prior to the trip, we would have gotten 20,000 XPF to get us started and exchanged the rest at the resort as needed. I'm not sure about the exchange rate on the ship - we never looked at it.

Sorry I can't comment on the taxi cost as we had our transfers provided through Goway (we booked Pearl through them).

Anna

I had a related question---I think I read on this board (or maybe TripAdvisor) that the bank at the Papeete airport no longer handles currnecy exchanges, and that the ATMs there are often empty. We arriving at 4:00AM, and will need to make our way to the IC Hotel by cab. Will the cab driver take US dollars, or will I need to get some local currency at LAX before we depart? For the remainder of the trip, I was planning on exchanigng US dollars for local currency at our hotel--I understood they might have better rates than what is offerd at LAX money exchange. Thanks.

Archived