Island escape or dream

We are thinking of trying the island escape in the med next year. I know many of the regulars have done both, but what are your opinions of the relative merits/demerits between the escape and the likes of the spirit and celebration, which is the only ones we have done. I dont expect too much, and the price probably reflects that, but some people seem to love it, thank you.

hi have done island escape 2 years ago around the med and have got to say that we had a great time. no complaints at all food was lovely,entertainment excellant and staff as per usual the best. going on the dream in just over 3 weeks so will be more in a position to compare but think cost wise the escape will be cheaper but its a 3 star compared to a 4 star(allegedly) on dream. we would go on ie again no hesitation.

I haven't been on the Dream but will be going on the IE for the second time in July. We had a great time first time round, even though a lot of people look down on the ship. So, it depends on the itinerary as we look upon the ship as a bed for the night and off exploring in the day. If you like waiter service at dinner, as some do, then maybe the Dream would be up your street, as I think they do that, but we quite like the buffet. The restaurant is dressed with table cloths and place settings and the waiters will serve drinks so it's all very nice and we find we can be finished with dinner quicker than with waiter service. Have a look on Island forum for more info.:):)

Regarding the Celebration, we found personally that the layout of the ship is better on the IE. We never keep still on board and seemed to be forever going down dead ends and doubling back on ourselves. That's just my personal opinion though and others would probably disagree.

Jan

We are thinking of trying the island escape in the med next year. I know many of the regulars have done both, but what are your opinions of the relative merits/demerits between the escape and the likes of the spirit and celebration, which is the only ones we have done. I dont expect too much, and the price probably reflects that, but some people seem to love it, thank you.

Hi Jacknorman, Been on both and both are very nice in different ways but if i had to choose it would be the Dream great ship and fantastic Crew etc cannot speak highly enough.

We went round the Med on the IE and we didnt want to get off so i would still go on it anytime but the Dream just ticked all boxes for me.

Archived