In the process of booking a Breeze cruise but...

Is anyone else slightly disappointed in the Breeze's six day itineraries (Grand Turk, Nassau, and Falmouth/Ocho Rios)? The eight day ones are awesome, but only the six day is offered during my spring break. :(

The week I would go the Breeze would be in Nassau, Ocho Rios and Grand Turk. I've never been to Grand Turk, so no judgement there, but I've been to Nassau and Ocho Rios more times than I care for. I guess my question in why they chose these ports. At least the Valor six day includes Grand Cayman...

I'm not looking for people to say "don't book the cruise, or don't get off the boat ect." I am still booking the cruise, seeing the ports, and will enjoy it! However, I dont think its any secret that Nassau and Jamaica are on the more unattractive side of port selection. I guess I thought that the newest, bestest ship, would have better ports of call. I know which ports are best is subjective, and I also know that bestest is not a word.

I was wondering if any of you knew why they would choose these ports logistically, or if you had any ideas of ways to enjoy Nassau and Ocho Rios, that I may have overlooked in the few times I was there?

Usually Carnival and many other cruise lines, use their biggest ships as floating hotels. They are designed to carry a maximum number of passengers, and the destinations are of secondary importance. In most cases these ships select the ports that are prepared to receive large amounts of cruisers. The ports are usually very crowded. Nassau, Grand Turk and Jamaica are the type of ports which may be interesting to first time cruisers, or to individuals who travelling for the "cruise" and the ports are of only secondary importance.

The sister ship of the Breeze, the Carnival Dream usually goes to St. Thomas, St. Martin, and Nassau. St Thomas and St. Martin are faily nice ports, but over the past several years that have become very corwded with many ships arriving with large numbers of passengers.

If you want to see "different" ports I would suggest taking a cruise to the Southern Carribean or even the Panama Canal. If you are crusing just for a getaway and to have a good time on a very large ship than I would stay with the Carnival Breeze.

One other note, while newest class of Carnival Ships are miracle of technology, they have become quite croweded. You certainly will have a great time on them, but will have to get used to long lines on the Lido deck and difficulty finding a chair near the pool.

Hope you enjoy your cruise

I don't have an answer for you -- but I do agree with you 100%! The 8 day itinerary is so much better as far as ports go. But I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise regardless. Grand Turk is absolutely beautiful! :)

Thanks! I knew I couldn't be the only one who felt that way! I'm looking forward to Grand Turk!

Usually Carnival and many other cruise lines, use their biggest ships as floating hotels. They are designed to carry a maximum number of passengers, and the destinations are of secondary importance. In most cases these ships select the ports that are prepared to receive large amounts of cruisers. The ports are usually very crowded. Nassau, Grand Turk and Jamaica are the type of ports which may be interesting to first time cruisers, or to individuals who travelling for the "cruise" and the ports are of only secondary importance.

The sister ship of the Breeze, the Carnival Dream usually goes to St. Thomas, St. Martin, and Nassau. St Thomas and St. Martin are faily nice ports, but over the past several years that have become very corwded with many ships arriving with large numbers of passengers.

If you want to see "different" ports I would suggest taking a cruise to the Southern Carribean or even the Panama Canal. If you are crusing just for a getaway and to have a good time on a very large ship than I would stay with the Carnival Breeze.

One other note, while newest class of Carnival Ships are miracle of technology, they have become quite croweded. You certainly will have a great time on them, but will have to get used to long lines on the Lido deck and difficulty finding a chair near the pool.

Hope you enjoy your cruise

This was the answer I was looking for. Something logistical. It almost makes me want to rethink booking this cruise. I got excited at first because I've never been on a new ship. I've been on the Fantasy, Fascination, and Inspiration in '97, '99, and '01. Then the Destiny last year. I'm truly more of a port person, so maybe I should wait until I can do the 8day. decisions decisions -_-

Archived