Questions about Hawaii to Vancouver

donnajo

I am considering a cruise next April that sails Hawaii to Vancouver.

coming back from Hawaii (5 days at sea) will arrive in Vancouver May 10th.

Has anyone done this cruise that time of year? What can I expect temperature wise for those days at sea? Will it be warm?

I don't care if the temps are cool for like the last two days, but don't want to freeze!

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!

Donna

We did this cruise 2 years ago in May. Loved it! Flew into HNL about 4 days ahead of sailing and stayed in Vancouver 4 days after. It was a great trip. If you haven't been to our 50th state before, you should definitely fly in ahead of time. The time change is wicked. There is plenty to see before getting on the ship. The days at sea were a little cool once we got further north.

We're all set for a cruise to Alaska in May. It's a new destination for us. Don't think FX will do any scuba there.

Aloha! Nancy

Hi Nancy, How's Frank doing?

Yes we did Hawaii on the Infinity 5 years ago. That's when we met Barb and Steve, but we did Honolulu to Ensenada and stayed in Honolulu 3 days prior.

They want to do Hawaii again for their 20th anniversary.

Was the trip back from Hawaii to Vancouver chilly?

What cruiseline are you doing to Alaska?

November (2004) we were on the Serenade r/t San Juan. Beautiful ship reminded me of Infinity and Summit.

We leave for 10 days on the Dawn Princess April 9th and have tentatively booked for this November (we might be jumping ships though as I got a killer deal from Carnival that same week)

Why don't you try to come with us in November? We are looking at the 5th or 6th out of Tampa.

Miss you guys lots~

Donna

Donna, It got chilly as we went further north. It never got really cold. When we got to Vancouver the temps topped at about 70 degrees. I spent a day or so in bed with a cold I caught from someone onboard. We sailed on Infinity and will be sailing on her again in May. Also sailed on her last Dec. RT from San Diego to Hawaii. Probably wouldn't do that sailing again. We had 4 rough, very chilly days on that particular cruise and not enough time in Hawaii.

Suzy and her brothers would like to see Hawaii. We had booked the Nov. 20'05 to Hawaii but cancelled it. Not enough time in the islands. We're looking at a possible trip there by air with a condo stay for next fall. Will decide after the May cruise. Don't have enough time to research all the info before then.

Please say hello to Barb & Steve for us. FX is in NYC for the parade today. Since he deserted me today, he will be taking me to FL to make up for it in a couple of weeks. Visited with Terry & Elizabeth on both trips to Hawaii. Marie, their daughter will be getting married this summer.

Are you still in touch with Alene & Joel?

Take care. Nancy

Archived